Need Stress Free Support System Advice

Decorating By J1977 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm by Shelly4481

J1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 4

I recently purchased the Stress Free Supports and need to figure out what I want the cakes to rest on. Cutting foam core seems time consuming but I can't find plastic/acrylic seperator plates w/out the feet. I'm afraid the feet will poke into the cake.

Any suggestions are apprecieated.

3 replies
idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 4

Cutting foam core isn't that bad, I use a sharp exacto knife. I think I've read that there's something even easier - a heat knife or something? - that makes it cut like butter. You can always use cake boards too. Just don't rest the cake straight on the plastic, that will make it sweat & possibly slide...

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah I bought the exacto knife and its so easy. I found it easier than cutting regular card board boards! I have one of those heat knifes too. But I have such a shaky touch that they come out crooked all the time. I love foam board now! THey are thick and strong.

I actually got my boards at the Dollar Tree store...big sheet for 1 dollar! Never going back to card board boards again! good luck!

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 4

I have these and use foam core 90% of the time, I have used the plates and cut off the leg(feet) so they would be flat. Just used my husbands hand saw and cut them off pretty easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%