Bundle Of Nerves

Decorating By crazymommyof3 Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 12:59am by Kimmers971

crazymommyof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymommyof3 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:25am
post #1 of 16

I am doing my first cake decorating challenge on Saturday. It's a fund raiser, so no prizes or anything, but I am so nervous!!!!! Norm Davis will be one of the judges! I have my design all sketched out and I did a practice cake tonight. Any tips for keeping my cool? I'm having cake disaster nightmares!

15 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 16

Wow, that's exciting!! Good luck to you icon_biggrin.gif

I guess if you go in knowing what you are doing, and you have planned out everything, you should be okay.
Take deep breathes, concentrate on what you are doing, not what's going on around you & stick to you plan!!

Wishing you the best of luck!!! thumbs_up.gif

crazymommyof3 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #3 of 16

I'm going to be judged by Norm Davis. OMG OMG OMG. No pressure no pressure no pressure.

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:42am
post #4 of 16

just remember the episode that his monster fell over all him. We are all human, and so are cake celebs

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #5 of 16

i did a big cake (well for me it was big lol) recently for a very public event for our town (small town) and once i found out how many it was for yah i was kinda shocked but.. as i started planning for this cake i felt a sense of calm come over me and i kept it close.. i kept a bright happy attitude about me as i went and kept things at a smooth calm pace.. had very few if any problems with that cake

however two weeks later i had an even more public event (again our town is small lol) and since it was for my father inlaws retirement (he was a county sheriff) i felt closer to the details and could not detach myself enough to maintain that happy calm flow i had with the previous cake..

however the one a few weeks before showed me how it was possible and i plan to keep that in mind for the next one i have coming up- again..another public event lol..

i'm praying for us both lol

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #6 of 16

That sounds like so much fun, You will do great. GOOD LUCK

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:44am
post #7 of 16

I don't have any tips for you but I just wanted to say Good Luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:47am
post #8 of 16

That is so exciting. Wish I could go see it all. You'll be great!

I have an idea. I'll be nervous for you and then you can just take a deep breath and concentrate on decorating.

crazymommyof3 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:51am
post #9 of 16

I made my pre decorated cake tonight and it turned out AWESOME. I am not able to post pics on here with my mac for some reason, so I'll put it on my blog tomorrow. I did a stained glass cake that looks like a Tiffany lamp shade. I got a candle stick at Hobby Lobby that has a wide base and top and I set the cake on top. IT LOOKS JUST LIKE A LAMP! I'm so proud! Not I just hope my luck goes over to tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

GenGen Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 4:56am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymommyof3

I made my pre decorated cake tonight and it turned out AWESOME. I am not able to post pics on here with my mac for some reason, so I'll put it on my blog tomorrow. I did a stained glass cake that looks like a Tiffany lamp shade. I got a candle stick at Hobby Lobby that has a wide base and top and I set the cake on top. IT LOOKS JUST LIKE A LAMP! I'm so proud! Not I just hope my luck goes over to tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

i've always wanted to make one of those!!

crazymommyof3 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:30am
post #11 of 16

Ok guys! It was a good day! I took first place in the cake show in my category for my Tiffany lamp cake. I didn't win anything in the challenge, but I came, I saw, I decorated a cake! I've only been doing this for 9 months, so I think I brought a pretty good game considering everyone else there had years and years of experience. Plus! I got Norm Davis' autograph! I wanted to get a pic with him, but in all the hectic activity, I didn't. Anyway, check out my blog/website, I can't post pics on here for some reason. Thanks for looking!

GenGen Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:41am
post #12 of 16

got pics?? icon_smile.gif

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:42am
post #13 of 16

Your Tiffany Lamp is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! You looked calm, cool, and like you were really enjoying yourself!

Good for you! I'm happy for you!!

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:54am
post #14 of 16

Way to go!
I posted on your blog...
Fran

crazymommyof3 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:55am
post #15 of 16

I tried to attach photos, but they were too big. I have no idea how to resize them. icon_razz.gif Sowwy. Guess you'll have to look at my cake blog. icon_wink.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:59am
post #16 of 16

BEAUTIFUL - no wonder it took 1st place!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%