Strawberry Frosting

Decorating By chas21 Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 3:57am by CanadianChick

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 8

I was just wondering if I can use strawberry flavoring in buttercream instead of vanilla? I don't want to go to an extreme on making it with strawberries.

7 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, I'm sure you can do it, but haven't done it with strawberries. I have used other flavourings like that. icon_smile.gif

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 11:50am
post #3 of 8

I buy small jars of something called icing fruits....you mix them in with your buttercream...about 1-2 tbls to double batch of buttercream...the strawberry is my most requested...actual pieces of fruits. I have cherry (second favorite) lemon, orange...go online and google icing fruits...several places to purchase from. You won't be disappointed.

chas21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chas21 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 8

Sounds yummy, thanks

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 8

I had strawberries in the freezer and defrosted them and make a puree' out of it. I added it to buttercream and it was delicious. It is a pretty shade of pink.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 8

Yep, you can just go with the flavour. Once in a while I'll just add a tsp of jam and a little flavour to bc and use that.

jsweetspot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsweetspot Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #7 of 8

I just made a strawberry bc over the weekend and I just made the regular bc recipe that I used and added about 5 tsp of smuckers all fruit strawberry preserves...it was so yummy

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #8 of 8

I still like to add a smidge of vanilla to flavoured buttercreams, just because it adds depth to the flavour.

I'm doing a buttercream tomorrow that has icing fruit and the juice from some frozen strawberries...YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%