Cadbury Egg Filling?

Baking By cakefairy03 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 2:22am by cakefairy03

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 4

Now that my supply of Cadbury eggs is coming to an end icon_cry.gif , I can't help but want more, MORE, MOOORE! To my surprise, the box said the chocolate eggs were filled with soft fondant. And seeing as how I hadn't been working on cakes until after last Easter, this was the first time I truly understood what was in those eggs! icon_eek.gif Now I would like to try to make something similar. I have seen poured fondant recipes on here, would that be similar to the egg filling? If so, I will be checking those out, but if not, does anyone have any clue as to what it would take to make it? TIA for serving my addiction! icon_lol.gif

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 4

No, poured fondant is not the same, it's much thinner than the creme centers of the cadbury eggs. You need to look up copycat cadbury eggs recipes. There are bunches of them on the Internet.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 4

You can buy soft fondant filling for chocolates (fondant source.com sells it) but I'm not sure it'll get you the flavor you want... I agree with playingwithsugar... try one of the many recipes you can find online. If you find a good one please let us know- my DH loves cadbury eggs! I buy him a whole box of 48 every year for Easter (and he eats them all himself!) (stupid hubby's- how come they can eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce??) icon_smile.gif

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I'll look and see what I can find. If there is something good, I'll post for others.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%