Please Help

Decorating By MarieF Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm by kansaswolf

MarieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 15

I'm brand new to the forum's, just really starting out. I have been asked to do this cake, and I really really want to do it. It's not for a family member so I can't mess it up. I have no idea where to even try to start to do the princesses, I'm not an artist. The flowers and decorations are no problem. She wants the cake flat, not tiered. Also, what price would you suggest I charge? Any suggestions please?

Thanks
LL

14 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 15

Hi there, welcome to CC. I would do an edible print of all the princesses. Then cut around each one. And stick them on the cake. Are you going to cover the cake with fondant?

Sorry I cannot help with the price!

MarieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 15

Thanks icon_smile.gif
no the cake will be in buttercream the person doesn't like fondant. will an edible image still work?
Marie

MarieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 15

I was just wondering if there were any other ideas? I have called a few places and no-one will make the princesses as an edible image due to the licensing.

Thanks

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 15
pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 15

Yes the images will stick to buttercream. I think that's what I'd do too.

MarieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks
I don't know if I have the talent to make a frozen buttercream. I guess I can try right, won't know if I don't try icon_smile.gif lol
Marie

cupcakemkr Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:17pm
post #8 of 15

super easy, basically just trace and color

MarieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 15

I'll give it a try, nothing ventured nothing gained icon_smile.gif I'll probably end up posting it on here to ask you guys if it looks okay. Thanks
Marie

cupcakemkr Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #10 of 15

good for you! i look forward to seeing it.

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:04pm
post #11 of 15

That's what I do for all my kids'cake & also the writing is frozen buttercream transfer.I'm still new @ decorating & still not good @ writing with buttercream yet.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #12 of 15

For a nonedible solution- Find a Disney princess coloring book with the pictures on the cover or cheap story book. Cut out and laminate the pictures. Place pictures on cake and pipe a bc trim around them.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:16pm
post #13 of 15

Just a friendly bit of advice here, nothing more... You can't get an edible image printed because of licensing for the same reason you can't sell a cake with those images on them: you would be violating copyright law...

Not trying to bash you or be mean, just letting you know! icon_biggrin.gif Happy caking!

MarieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:34pm
post #14 of 15

Thanks kansaswolf I wondered about that when I started getting answers that they couldn't do it. I'm just really starting out and mostly so far has been for family and friends. They are the ones encouraging me to put my foot in the water as they say icon_smile.gif I have done a couple of puppies and rabbits for easter for other people and they really liked them, so I thought I would venture further. This is really the first "custom" cake someone has inquired about. I have told her I can't do it. I am waiting for her to reply and see if she wants the same shape with some pretty flowers on it. I am though still going to try to do those buttercream transfers icon_smile.gif You ladies have got me wanting to try icon_smile.gif
Thanks
Marie

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm
post #15 of 15

By all means, put your foot in the water and give it a try! You could DO a Princess cake for a daughter's birthday or something, just so long as you don't SELL it... Hope you can still make an awesome cake for whoever contacted you! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%