Fondant ??can You Guys Tell

Decorating By Uniqueask Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 10:04pm by jojo0676

Uniqueask Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 16

Can you Guys tell me which is the best fondant to use, and who sells it at a most reasonable rate.

Thanks in advance for your help

15 replies
BakingGirl Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 16

It is all a matter of personal opinion. I like Satin Ice. I buy it online from Into The Oven . com. They have the best prices that I have found online.

txsteph Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #3 of 16

I make my own MMF. It is easy to make & does not cost much at all.

Uniqueask Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks foe the replies guys, I did buy some Satin Ice and Choco Pan from Global Sugar art and I thought that was reasonable, but I will check out into the oven, I don't have time to make Fondant right now but hopefully some day. please keep the replies coming, Sharon Zambito recommended Massa Grassa I hope it spelled it right but it is kind of expensive.

cricket0616 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 16

I have only used Wilton once(no one liked the taste) and Satin Ice since then. I see many people on the site make their own. Is there that big of a difference in taste or is it just more cost effective?

AverageMom Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 16

I've only tried Wilton's, and it was horrid. Since then I've made my own MMF. The cost difference is amazing, and I LOVE marshmallows, so of course I like the taste!! It's so easy to make, too. I use the recipe that only takes marshmallows, water, and icing sugar.
I'd like to try Satin Ice, but where I live it's just not a possibility.

Uniqueask Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 16

That is the reason why I am asking, the only fondant I used was Wilton because I took the courses, and the was the only fondant ,I knew of until I became a member of this site. I did tates the fondant that I just purchased but have not actually worked with it yet and it taste great.

Uniqueask Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:27pm
post #8 of 16

That is the reason why I am asking, the only fondant I used was Wilton because I took the courses, and the was the only fondant ,I knew of until I became a member of this site. I did tates the fondant that I just purchased but have not actually worked with it yet and it taste great.

txsteph Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:38pm
post #9 of 16

I make the MMF because it is easy, and does not take alot of time. The recipe I use just uses marshmallows, water, butter & vanilla flavor. Mmmm yummy. I might not make a cake for a month or more, ( not professional, just for family and close friends) so this way is cost effective for me. And my daughters like helping me add ingredients. I have never tried Satin Ice, so I can't compare taste to it.

cricket0616 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 16

I live in a small town and the only fondant I can buy locally is Wilton. After the feedback I received the first time I used it, I went looking for an alternative. I have to order my Satin Ice online, but I think it is worth the hassle. I inteed on trying to make my own, but wanted feedback on what the opinion of homemade vs. Satin Ice was.

Uniqueask Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:05pm
post #11 of 16

I live in a small town too, and walmart only sells Wilton, I bought Satin Ice, and Choco Pan, from Global Sugar Art. I have not used it yet, but I ate it and it taste great, I had to hide it from my kids so they don't eat it out. I don't know if I will ever make fondant, because I am too lazy, but maybe someday.

Uniqueask Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 9:34pm
post #12 of 16

I finally used some of my Satin Ice, and it worked, smelled and tasted great just thought I would tell you guys.

JenniferMI Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 9:36pm
post #13 of 16

I only use a semi-homemade white chocolate fondant.

It's wonderfullllll ...

Jen icon_smile.gif

Liz23 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 9:46pm
post #14 of 16

I also make my own white chocolate fondant. Super easy to make and tastes like candy!!

lapazlady Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 10:02pm
post #15 of 16

Try MMF, it's easy, taste good and is very inexpensive. When you have confidence in yourself, give Michille Foster's Fondant a try. Simple, fast, cheap, taste good and wonderful to work with. Don't be afraid to experiment.

jojo0676 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 10:04pm
post #16 of 16

Would you mind sharing your white chocolate fondant recipe??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%