Creme Brulee Filling?

Decorating By timhenk Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 4:10am by PinkZiab

timhenk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
timhenk Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:04am
post #1 of 5

Hello, all! I just had a bride ask me for a creme brulee filling. Does anybody have a recipe, or any advice to share? I appreciate it!

4 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 5

Well, Creme Brulee literally translated is Burned Cream. It's a custard desert that has sugar poured on top, then a blow torch is used to melt the sugar, giving it a hard candy like crust. So to have a creme brulee filling is really an impossibility. I'm sure you could get a similar flavor by just a vanilla creme filling.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:16am
post #3 of 5

A vanilla custard/pastry creme filling with a dark caramel swirl is a close mock creme brulee flavored filling.

timhenk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
timhenk Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:03am
post #4 of 5

Thanks, Tara. I was thinking of using pastry cream as well, but I like your idea of a caramel swirl added to it! Now I guess I just need to figure out how to get the right consistency for the caramel...

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #5 of 5

Don't bother trying to get the crunch of creme brulee in a cake filling... you'd need a lab and a chemistry degree for that lol. If you add hard carmelized sugar to the cake filling, it will absorb moisture from the pastry cream and get soft... just go for the flavor of creme brulee with a soft but dark caramel swirled in

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%