Indydebi's Buttercream Recipe

Decorating By cakedoll Updated 19 Apr 2009 , 3:30am by indydebi

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #1 of 7

Thought you would get a kick out of this. A friend of mine died of cancer a few years ago and her daughter called me yesterday and asked me I wanted her cake books and all her Wilton yearbooks. I said sure...I'd love 'em.

She brought them over this morning and I started paging through them. They start at 1972. When I opened the 1973 yearbook, there was a handwritten recipe for " High Humidity Buttercream...Guaranteed to hold in the hottest and muggiest weather" sealed with strapping tape on the inside cover.

It was Indydebi's recipe complete with the Dreamwhip. I thought that was wild...I know I use it, but I got it here. This book is 36 years old.

6 replies
dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:39am
post #2 of 7

That is such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing
Tracy

ncox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncox Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:46am
post #3 of 7

That is a wonderful story - sorry for your loss. I will have to try the indydebi recipe - I now use sugar shack's. TFS!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:46am
post #4 of 7

That's wild!

Cool story!

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:08am
post #5 of 7

Indydebi does say her friend gave that recipe to her over 30 years ago. So, makes sense.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 7

All I know, is that it's delicious!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #7 of 7

that is so cool!

(and I'm envious you have those old books! I just bought one on ebay that is from (what looks like) the 60's. There are only 10 cakes in the book and they all look alike to me! hahahaha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%