Stress Free Support System

Business By doudoun Updated 25 Apr 2007 , 8:20pm by tyty

doudoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doudoun Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 17

Hello,

I want to buy them! does somebody use them??? what are you thinking about??

When i make stacked cake, i always put in the center (hight) a long pastic tube so whith this system a don't put this plastic dowel, so do you think it can slip ?

Thank you thumbs_up.gif

16 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 17

I use the stress free supports and LOVE THEM! I drive a sharpened dowel through the center of my stacked cake although I know lots of people who do not do this and have had no problems.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I use the stress free supports and LOVE THEM! I drive a sharpened dowel through the center of my stacked cake although I know lots of people who do not do this and have had no problems.

What kind of stress free support, you mean the one from Earlene's website or cake jacks?

DianeLM Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty

Quote:

What kind of stress free support, you mean the one from Earlene's website or cake jacks?

Yes, the ones from Earlene's site. Not cake jacks.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 14 Jan 2007 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 17

Oooh, sounds interesting...anyone care to post the site? Or tell what it is?

tyty Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 12:01am
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollielor

Oooh, sounds interesting...anyone care to post the site? Or tell what it is?

The site is www.earlenescakes.com

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 12:19am
post #7 of 17

I love mine and am going to order some extra legs for them in the morning. Also a few extra 6" rings. I LOVE them. And the lady who makes them is an absolute sweetheart.
I dont want to EVER have to use dowels again.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:32am
post #8 of 17

I'm hoping my DH will pick up on the hint of this for my birthday in June! I really want a stress free support system!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 4:52am
post #9 of 17

i love them and won't do an important cake without them! thumbs_up.gif

dinkadoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinkadoo Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 5:00am
post #10 of 17

The developer of this product now has her own site at www.weddingcakesupports.com and I would NEVER make a tiered cake without them.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 5:21am
post #11 of 17

Hi, I'm so happy to find this thread, I've been wanting to order this but have a BIG question... My cakes are usually 4" - 4 1/2" tall, very rarely 5" but never less than 4". So, how do I know what size legs to order? TIA

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:31pm
post #12 of 17

She explains all of that stuff on her website in FAQ..

tyty Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 6:14pm
post #13 of 17

all the pictures I see on the stress free supports, they show no center dowel support. With this support system no dowel is needed?

DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 6:44pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:

all the pictures I see on the stress free supports, they show no center dowel support. With this support system no dowel is needed?

I know lots of people don't use a center dowel with the SFS system. I use the center dowel when my top tier is small. It just gives me extra peace of mind.

tyty Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 6:51pm
post #15 of 17

The cake I'm planning will have a small top tier, I have to drive about 20 miles with the cake. I have to assemble the cake at home because it will have a long continuous drape and the hall is not giving me that much time. I am seriously thinking of buying the supports. This will be my first stacked cake.

DianeLM Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:49pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:

The cake I'm planning will have a small top tier, I have to drive about 20 miles with the cake. I have to assemble the cake at home because it will have a long continuous drape and the hall is not giving me that much time. I am seriously thinking of buying the supports. This will be my first stacked cake.

Do it. You will NOT regret it! I was convinced to buy a set by a fellow decorator at the ICES convention in DC. She said if I wasn't happy with it, she'd buy the set from me. She has multiples since she does so many wedding cakes. Needless to say, I still have mine. icon_smile.gif

Believe me, the cake will not move unless you drive off a cliff!

tyty Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 8:20pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:

Quote:

Do it. You will NOT regret it! I was convinced to buy a set by a fellow decorator at the ICES convention in DC. She said if I wasn't happy with it, she'd buy the set from me. She has multiples since she does so many wedding cakes. Needless to say, I still have mine. icon_smile.gif

Believe me, the cake will not move unless you drive off a cliff!

Sounds like my kind of system. That will be the next thing I order. I could start off with a medium set and add on if I need to. I will be cutting the cake too so I won't have to worry about missing pieces.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%