Sarasota Cake Shops

Decorating By mazz Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 6:56pm by cakedoll

mazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazz Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 11

Hello,

I will be going to Sarasota in a week or so and would love to visit CC Members shops and hope to buy some treats along the way.

Can anyone tell me the names of some shops to visit - even if they are not members I would stll love to go.

Thanks.

10 replies
mazz Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:04am
post #2 of 11

Any Florida Bakers who can help me out?

Looking for Shops in Sarasota, FL.

Thanks.

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:01am
post #3 of 11

I'm about 40 miles south of Sarasota and I don't think there are any cake supply shops there. I've been checking and re checking online hoping something would open. I think the nearest actual cake supply shops that would be within driving distance would be in Tampa. So you would be looking at about an hour north. That's where a friend of mine used to go all the time.

As far as actual cake shops go, I know there are a couple of excellent designers there. I think one is called Beautiful Cakes by Ron. Here's the website:
http://www.beautifulcakesbyron.com/

If anything, google cake shops, or cake decorating shops Sarasota Florida and you should pull up some more.

Enjoy your visit icon_smile.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:09am
post #4 of 11

I live in Bradenton, FL, just a few miles north of Sarasota. For an area that is as large and well populated, there is no cake supply shop nearby. As cakedoll says Tampa is your best bet. Fondant source (Jesters) is about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs away. If anyone else knows of one, please post, I would love having a supply shop closer.

mazz Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 11

Cakedoll - I love the Ron's website. I will see if I can contact him.

Thank you to everyone else for you help also. I live about an hour away from Jesters and abput 21/2 to 3 hours away from Sarasota. We are going to check out a college my child is interested in attening.

I you can think of any other cake shops or good bakeries please let me know. we would love to try some desserts while we are in town.

Thanks.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 11

Linedancer: Cakes Plus on Dale Mabry in Tampa has a huge selection of cake supplies. Check out their web site. (btw they used to be on Kennedy Blvd.) HTH icon_biggrin.gif

cakedoll Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anntee

Linedancer: Cakes Plus on Dale Mabry in Tampa has a huge selection of cake supplies. Check out their web site. (btw they used to be on Kennedy Blvd.) HTH icon_biggrin.gif

Ok That's the main one my friend used to go to. I couldn't remember the name, she's not around to ask anymore and her daughter didn't know.

Thanks for posting that icon_smile.gif

I'm in Northport and there is absolutely nothing anywhere near here unless you want to count the Wilton section at Walmart icon_lol.gif

linedancer Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:26am
post #8 of 11

Thanks, Anntee, I have been there. It is a nice cake shop, I bought several things when I was there. It is not an easy drive for me. I am lucky though, when I am in MI for the summer, I live just about a mile from a really nice cake shop. I stock up on necessary things there and bring them home. I can go through Ft. Wayne and hit Country Kitchen on my way north, so I don't feel too cake shop deprived. icon_smile.gif It would be nice to have something closer to home, though.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 11

Do I hear "Opportunity" knocking? Sounds like the West coast of FL could use well-stocked cake supply store. icon_cool.gif

linedancer Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:17pm
post #10 of 11

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cakedoll Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:56pm
post #11 of 11

I wish!! There is nothing here until you get to Tampa; Just Walmart, Michaels, and JoAnn.

One of the gourmet kitchen supply shops at the Ellenton Outlet mall used to carry some Ateco and Americana but now it's all Wilton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%