Warning When Ordering Business Supplies

Decorating By Janette Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 6:17am by milissasmom

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:58am
post #1 of 12

I hear of things and think how can someone be so stupid then I fall into a trap.

I was getting flooded with e-mails from a printing company, best I don't mention the name but they are very popular.

They offer free business cards, pens, sticky notes with your business info. I ignored them for a long time because I don't trust anyone that is giving away something for free.

Then because they are so popular I thought ok I'll order some things. Everything was fine. I really had their e-mails pouring in, everyday, offering me free items I just had to pay for the shipping. Then I didn't hear from them anymore.

My husband pays all the bills I don't see them. The other day I was walking by and one of our credit card statements caught my eye because there was an over the limit charge on it. I'm always careful watching that I don't go near my limit.

A closer look at this statement I notice a charge from this company for $14.95. I called the number to find out they have been charging me $14.95 since September icon_surprised.gif . They said it was a membership fee??????????

They were quick to tell me they would credit my account which tells me they are guilty of some shady dealings. We'll see if they credit the account.

Now I'm going to send a letter to the credit card company to see if they will revearse the over limit charge. I doubt it but it's worth a try.

I guess there is a sucker born everyday.

11 replies
aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:05am
post #2 of 12

My heart jumped when I read this. Please tell me it wasn't VistaPrint. I just ordered business cards from them a few days ago... icon_surprised.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:10am
post #3 of 12

I have been with Vistaprint for 2 years or more and have never had a monthly charge.

I know in a couple places on their site they offer partner deals for that price and it's very easy to click with out realizing it.

A few others have posted about it happening to them and it was rectified.

Janette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:12am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciag829

My heart jumped when I read this. Please tell me it wasn't VistaPrint. I just ordered business cards from them a few days ago... icon_surprised.gif

It didn't happen right away, only after I ordered a few times. I wondered why they stopped sending all those e-mails begging me to order free stuff. Because they were getting my money anyway.

aliciag829 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:14am
post #5 of 12

oh geez...

Yeah I did see those offers from their partners on the site and was VERY careful not to click on any of them.

I will be paying very close attention to my credit card statement from now on. Thanks for the heads up!

Janette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:18am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciag829

oh geez...

Yeah I did see those offers from their partners on the site and was VERY careful not to click on any of them.

I will be paying very close attention to my credit card statement from now on. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm always careful not to check boxes or in some cases you have to uncheck. I still think it was strange how quick they said they would refund the money.

To be truthful this is the second time this has happened to me that's why I am so careful.

I once signed on a site that I thought you paid $25 to try it out then you could continue the membership. It took a year before I noticed that we were being charged $25 a month. I could only get three months back.

Same thing I never looked at the statements and my husband just thought I ordered something and never questioned it.

Wouldn't you think I would have learned.

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:20am
post #7 of 12

I've used VistaPrint for 7 years for tons of things & I've never had that happen to me either.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:28am
post #8 of 12

Oh wow. I kept getting those same emails and thought about purchasing my business cards through them. I decided to go to kinkos instead because I needed them last minute for an event. I'm glad you caught it. Depending on where you bank you might be able to get back the last two months. If you save your bank statements take them to the bank with you and you might be able to get it all back. I've had this happen to me before with an unknown company they charged me 50.00 a month every month and the company name showed up on my statement so I called my bank and asked about it (thinking I forgot about some payment I was supposed to be making) and because the business didn't have a phone number or address they gave me all of my money back and changed my bank card immediately.

Janette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:31am
post #9 of 12

It's good that some have had a good experience with them. I just wanted people to know to look at their statements things like this happens.

Janette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:58am
post #10 of 12

I just checked BBB (they are not a member) and they have had 433 complaints in the past 36 months and most of them were unauthorized charges.

aliciag829 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:03am
post #11 of 12

oi vei.

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:17am
post #12 of 12

Wow! I have used Vista Print for almost 10 years and have never had an issue with them. I honestly have not used them recently (about 2 years now). Just decided to try some different places because I used them for so long, thought I would do something different. Anyways, I am SO sorry this has happened to you guys. It really sucks. I will be careful using them in the future!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%