Need Help With Edible Image

Decorating By lami Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm by iris711

lami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lami Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 6

I just bought two packs of icing sheets for printing of edible images. It has become so difficult to peel it off. It cracks when I try to. Ihave tried using a knife to lift it but it still has problems. When I opened the pack initially it was so easy to lift it. I keep it secured in a cupboard that is rarely opened.
Please has anyone experienced this problem, and how did you solve it?Thanks for any useful information icon_cry.gif .

5 replies
Ivana24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivana24 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 6

I spend the same, he goes on a hot blower for 10 seconds and take off the sheet foil. Good job

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 6

I have read where someone recommends putting the sheet in the freezer for just a few minutes and then the backing comes right off. I haven't tried that yet. I did have a problem with one of mine sticking before but I thought it was because I had cut the sheet in half for a smaller image after it was printed. I trimmed it all around the picture before I tried peeling the sheet off and it did stick.

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 6

I use the freezer trick - it doesn't take long so you need to not forget about it - if it stays in too long it gets frozen(hard) and can crack/break on you - just needs to be in long enough to get a chill!

Ivana24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivana24 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 6

Lami, I sent you a pm with the company's information as the release sheet. forgive my English. Success

iris711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris711 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 6

Hi, I had the same problem so I called kopykake.com and they said to put it in the freezer for at least 10 seconds and it should slide off, if it doesn't happen on the first try do it again. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%