Made Mmf For The First Time!

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 5:13pm by lostincake

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 4

It turned out great and tastes great! Although its a little sticky so I think it needs a bit more powdered sugar? But boy I should of listened when I read about 'sugar bombs'! There is powdered sugar everywhere, it looks like it snowed in my kitchen and I look like the abominable snowwoman!

Becky

3 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 4

Glad it worked for you, Becky. Yeah the PS gets everywhere. Amazing all the places you find it a week after you've made the fondant! LOL!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 4

I LOVE MMF! It's so easy to make. If it's too sticky, a little powdered sugar helps. I also roll mine out on a thin layer of white shortening. It keeps it from sticking to the counter and I also put shortening on my hands.
I haven't read about "sugar bombs", but I totally know what you mean!!!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 4

Glad you liked it...I was hooked after my first time too because of how easy (although messy) and inexpensive it was to make. And you're right, if it's a bit sticky it just needs a bit more PS kneaded in.

Do make sure to let it rest at least 2 hrs so any little lumps that may be left have time to dissolve. I tend to use just a touch less PS when making it, before letting it rest. I then knead more in when I need to use it and I find it helps me gauge better how much PS I'll need so it doesn't end up too dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%