I Need Help Please..........

Decorating By suchalaydee1 Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 12:48am by SweetMelissa2007

suchalaydee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suchalaydee1 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 6

Im doing a purse cake for the first time icon_surprised.gif My Daughter-in-laws birthday.
I have been on this site day and night (VERY ADDICTIVE) I have the basic ideas. I want to do something simular to a Coach or Louis Vuitton. Can someone please help me with the fondant straps, hooks and buckles icon_confused.gif
Is there a template for that or do I just eyeball it icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks So Much

5 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 6

I do eyeball them...Im the worst using templates, But they do help, I wont lie...
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 6

suchalaydee1 i hope you get some help soon,i've been wanting to make one myself.

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 6

Iveonly done one purse cake and I eyeballed it too. I made the strap ahead of time so it would harden but not too far in advance so that it was still flexible but would stand on it's own.

You can look at my cake in my photos. I can't figure out how to get one of my pics in here. I've tried attachments but it always says the pic needs to be 800 X 800 pixels. Any suggestions. Ive also seen where some people have a link to their pic in CC photos. How do you do that. Just copy and paste the address?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 6

Just got to the address bar and hit the right button of your mouse and it will open a window..Press select all until the whole address is blue and hit the right button again to see the window. Then press copy..
When you are writing here press the right button again and select paste. If you did it correctly it will paste the address..
Hope I was clear enough.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:48am
post #6 of 6

Thank you tonedna so much. I wasn't sure if thats how you did it but now I know (and knowing is half the battle!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%