Help!!! Having Trouble With Edible Image Printer!!!

Decorating By thepielady72949 Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm by beachcakes

thepielady72949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thepielady72949 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 3

I have a canon printer and I am using the kopykake edible ink cartridges which worked fine until the ink got low and I refilled the cartridges instead of replacing them. I don't know what has happened since then but sometimes the cartridge jams and the images have streaks in them. I clean the print heads by soaking in hot water and also alcohol. It seems if you leave the cartridges in the printer the food coloring leaks out in the bottom of the printer and I think that is what is jamming it. I started taking the cartridges out and keeping them in a ziploc bag and a sealed container to keep them from drying out. When I put them back in I can't get the coloring to come out!! I am so frustrated!! icon_cry.gif I have to work with the machine about 2 hours to print one thing!! ANy tips would be appreciated!!

2 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 3

I hate my cannon printer. I too never had a problem till I refilled the cartridges... My black doesn't even come out anymore, but another CC'r suggested I replace the chip on it. I ordered a new one so we'll see... My guess is you should invest in a brand new set of cartridges.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 3

The print cartridge can get airlocked from refilling. There is a tiny hole on the top near where you fill them. If you take a clean needle or pin and pop it, it might do the trick. I learned the hard way you can't refill alot of times and now I seem to have broken my print head trying to unclog a stubborn clog. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%