Navy Blue Icing Color

Decorating By maralin Updated 11 Apr 2009 , 4:33pm by Kiddiekakes

maralin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maralin Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 12

I need to make navy blue for a special order cake...my problem is i cant get it to be "navy blue" .....i get sky blue..royal blue and not dark enough...can anyone help???? icon_cry.gif

11 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 12

Make the royal blue as dark as you can get it and then start adding black.After a bit it will turn navy.

maralin Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 12

thumbs_up.gif thanks "kiddiekakes""" im on my way to the kitchen!!!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 12

If your icing is already room temp or warm it will look almost a bit saturated with color since you are using alot of blue and black but if you refridgerate it for a while it will stiffen up.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 12

I know you don't have it on hand, obviously, but if you ever have a need for navy again, Americolor's navy blue is awesome! Takes all the guesswork out of hitting the shade just right.

maralin Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 12

kiddiekakes>>>>> i checked out your web pages..they are awesome...but im also looking for a web where i can find cake deco for kids theme cakes ...and just cake deco in general.....such as cupcake picks ...also do u know of a webiste that i can order edible images from?

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 12

Hmm..That's a tough one...There is one website that has alot of great kids cake but they are more homemade than a actual cake site and some cakes are not maybe what you are looking for.

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/

Some sellers on Ebay sell edible image...

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/_stores/shopstoresv4_W0QQ_nkwZedibleQ20imagesQQqueryZedibleQ20images

Also most grocery stores offer edible images but you have to purchase the cake from them..If not ask and see if they will do one for you.

maralin Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 12

thanks kiddikkaes......but what i meant is decoration that i can put on cakes.....such as theme cakes ...like ( hannah montana or cars)
and also the pciks that go inserted into cupcakes......that type of supplies!! lol

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 12

Oh...Sorry! Well there are lots of cake decorating sites that sell cake kits and piks etc...I'd list them here but it automatically blanks out the name unless it is GSA.

try... COUNTRYKITCHENSA.COM
CAKEART.COM
SUGARCRAFT.COM
CANDYLAND.COM

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

(See it already blocked one out icon_mad.gif )

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm
post #10 of 12

just to share my experience; a couple days ago when i needed navy, i used CK NAVY and was not happy with it. navy was not a rich navy blue, but like a dark muddy royal.

i just bought the americolor navy (yeah! i am glad to here a thumbs up for it!) so i will use that next time.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:17pm
post #11 of 12

Are you covering the whole cake in navy blue?! I warn you to tell people to expect interesting visits to the bathroom the next day if you are - they can expect certain bodily functions to be a lovely shade of green! I always warn people of this fact if they want a blue iced cake (of any shade really, but the darker it is the worse it is!). Sorry to be graphic lol!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:33pm
post #12 of 12

HA HA Bonjovibabe.....I wondered why both of my kids had (shall we say ..blue Poo) sorry to be graphic..But I was really worried and then I remembered that they were at a birthday party that had a cake with Blue icing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%