Sps Plate Substitute??

Decorating By idjitmom Updated 12 Apr 2009 , 10:01pm by cylstrial

idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 5

So my friend for whom I'm doing a wedding cake has changed her mind on the design, she wants to add another tier. Which all around is no big deal - except for the sps system. I've already ordered it. I have enough pillars, but not the plate for the extra tier. There is nowhere local to buy it. This will be my first time using it sp I have no clue - is there any workable substitute for having to order (&pay another shipping charge) on the one extra plate I need?

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure. Leahs could probably tell you if there's anything that you can do. Honestly, I would probably just tell your friend that you need to order the extra stuff and that she's going to have to pay the extra shipping since it's late in the game. Hope this helps!

kakeladi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi2 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 5

When there is no other way a good sub for SPS is Wilton's hidden pillars & one plate (that the cake will sit on). It is very, very similar.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 5

Can somebody pls explain what an "SPS" system is? tia icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 5

There is a tutorial by Leahs in the "How Do I" forum secton. It's a "sticky" at the top of the forum. Here's the link. It has pictures and a great explanation. Basically, it's a really good support system for your cake. SPS stands for single plate separator. Just download the tutorial and you'll be on your way!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%