Sterilite Taker/ Don't Have Turn Table Yet? Must See This!!

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 4:04am by aliciag829

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 8

I just had to share this! It's the coolest thing maybe I totally missed it in the advertising or something because I was clueless! The Sterilite Cake Taker can be used like a raised turn table! Just place the top dome on the table and put the base right side up onto the handle part and make sure the supportive plastic grooves on the underside of the base fit securely onto the dome. Viola! Now of coarse it doesn't spin but you can move it around a little easier then a cake right on the table and it is raised up to a great height. My friend just showed me that. Pretty cool if you ask me! Now I would rather use a spinning turntable but in a pinch this double duty cake taker is cool!

I bet you already have one of these!
Here is a link so you can see the product I am talking about!
http://www.spacesavers.com/cake-saver.html

7 replies
aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 8

I absolutely L-O-V-E that cake saver. thumbs_up.gif When I was taking my Wilton classes, it was the easiest way to transport them to class, back home, and to work the next day. (best $5 I ever spent at Wal-Mart)

YAY to you for posting this because it's definitely helpful. I know I never thought about it before. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 8

the wilton cake carrier does the same thing, i have students raise their cakes in class so they can stand and decorate.

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you! I have one of these and didn't know it did that

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 8

Wow! I have one of each and never knew I could do that! Thanks for posting!

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #6 of 8

yep, i did this with mine until i got a turntable.
one way to get it to move more freely is to set the 'dome' part on your stove *i have an electric with the coil burners* and it slides pretty easy & the burner keeps it from shifting too much..
it's not a perfect solution & i like my turntable better, but it works!

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #7 of 8

That is great news. I usually put my turntable on the base of the carrier for a little more height. Maybe I could use all three! icon_biggrin.gif

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #8 of 8

Wow thanks! I have the cake taker but I never knew... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%