Who Wants To Have A Cake Competition In Indiana?

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 11:42pm by indydebi

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:25pm
post #31 of 49

I would LOVE to attend, and willing to help!

Cheryl1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheryl1959 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:26pm
post #32 of 49

I would be love to get together with other cake people in Indiana! Any news on the progress of this competition, event or meet-up?

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:41pm
post #33 of 49

Hi all....I have contacted the Baum Opera House in Miamisburg (Ohio)...I have all the details about renting the building for a cake competition. If the one in Indiana isn't working out, then I say lets get the ball rolling here.
It's close enough all the way around for people from all over to attend, and participate. The people at the Opera House are very excited about this maybe taking place!
Anyone interested in doing this, contact me, and lets get a committee going so plans can get made.

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:42pm
post #34 of 49

Hi all....I have contacted the Baum Opera House in Miamisburg (Ohio)...I have all the details about renting the building for a cake competition. If the one in Indiana isn't working out, then I say lets get the ball rolling here.
It's close enough all the way around for people from all over to attend, and participate. The people at the Opera House are very excited about this maybe taking place!
Anyone interested in doing this, contact me, and lets get a committee going so plans can get made.

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:43pm
post #35 of 49

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:44pm
post #36 of 49

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:14pm
post #37 of 49

That sounds like a good idea Brownie!

I'm sorry! I probably shouldn't have started this thread! I just thought that it would be a good idea to have something like this. I didn't take into account that we are moving very soon and that it's wedding season and that ICES is coming up and then August is a bunch of Indiana fairs.

I hadn't heard from anyone in a long time that was interested, so I just kind of decided that it wasn't going to work out.

So I apologize! If anyone else wants to take over and plan it - I think it's a great idea. It would be so fun for you all to get together. I'll wish I was there of course...but nothing I can do about that.

cylstrial Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:15pm
post #38 of 49

I'm sorry! I probably shouldn't have started this thread! I just thought that it would be a good idea to have something like this. I didn't take into account that we are moving very soon and that it's wedding season and that ICES is coming up and then August is a bunch of Indiana fairs.

I hadn't heard from anyone in a long time that was interested, so I just kind of decided that it wasn't going to work out.

So I apologize! If anyone else wants to take over and plan it - I think it's a great idea. It would be so fun for you all to get together. I'll wish I was there of course...but nothing I can do about that.

cylstrial Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:16pm
post #39 of 49

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:33pm
post #40 of 49

I would love to meet other cakers in Indiana. I am willing to help any way I can.

LadyG33 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:34pm
post #41 of 49

I would love to meet other cakers in Indiana. I am willing to help any way I can.

LadyG33 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:35pm
post #42 of 49

LadyG33 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:36pm
post #43 of 49

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:50pm
post #44 of 49

Cylstrial is unable to work out a cake competition in Indiana due to other obligations, so I would like to see what can be done here.
There was a lot of interest by people from Indiana....Is there still enough from Indiana, as well as Ohio who would like to see it get arranged?
There is a fantastic building available, so that it the first step. I am willing to begin working on the rest of it, and see who is willing to help. out of all of you, so it becomes a reality.
I really would like to see this happen, so please let me know who else feels the same!

Brownie

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:51pm
post #45 of 49

Cylstrial is unable to work out a cake competition in Indiana due to other obligations, so I would like to see what can be done here.
There was a lot of interest by people from Indiana....Is there still enough from Indiana, as well as Ohio who would like to see it get arranged?
There is a fantastic building available, so that it the first step. I am willing to begin working on the rest of it, and see who is willing to help. out of all of you, so it becomes a reality.
I really would like to see this happen, so please let me know who else feels the same!

Brownie

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:52pm
post #46 of 49

Brownie

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:53pm
post #47 of 49

Brownie

Brownie1954 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:01pm
post #48 of 49

Hi all...there is a new thread about holding an Ohio/Indiana cake competition.....It's in the General Forum under Ohio/Indiana Cake Competition!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:42pm
post #49 of 49

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%