What Brand Of Kitchen Scale Do You Use?

Decorating By misserica Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 7:03pm by SugarMountainCakes

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to start measuring ingredients by weight but I do not know which scale to buy. Any suggestions...which do you have? Better yet which brand should I not buy?

Thanks!

4 replies
Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 5

I have a Salter Bakers Dream Aquatronic scale. I love it because you can weigh everything in one bowl (you can zero out after each measurement) and switch between grams, ounces, liquid ounces and milliliters.

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 5

I have a basic Salter...had it for years and love it!

~Sarah

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 5

I have a My Weigh KD-8000. It's super fantsy pantsy with a variety of measures (g, kg, lbs, lbs + ozs) and it does baker's percentages for me at the touch of a button. Not something you'll ever use unless you're a bread baker but for those of us who are it's a fun feature. You can figure baker's percentages without the scale but I have an aversion to math so it works for me! icon_biggrin.gif If you go to www.oldwillknotscales.com they have oodles of scales to look at. You don't necessarily have to buy it there but they do have lots to look at so you can see what you want. I do recommend you get one with the tare feature and the ability to switch between functions with the touch of a button so you can change from grams to ounces mid stride. It's a very useful feature.

SugarMountainCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMountainCakes Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

I use a Salter also (from Bed, Bath & Beyond). Love the zero-out feature..fewer dirty measuring cups and bowls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%