I Need Some Ideas Please.

Decorating By poohthebear Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm by beachcakes

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:35am
post #1 of 3

I need some ideas for a birthday/Easter cake. My family is getting together this weekend to celebrate Easter and my sister's birthday. She is a landscape architecht and I would like to surprise her with a special cake. I was thinking of some sort of a chocolate jelly roll cake with a hazenut filling and fudge icing to make it look like a yule log but to have bunnies and birds peeking out of the holes. But this would be more for the 8 children that will be there. Does anyone have any other ideas??? She does a lot of park themes, should I go that way?? Or the jelly log for the kids and a tiramisu dessert for her, that's her favorite. What do you think??

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 3

You could do a sheet cake with a green landscape/park theme and then put the yule log with the bunnies and everything coming out of it, on top of the landscape cake. You would just want to make it proportional.

But you can't go wrong with tiramisu either.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 3

You could carve a tiramisu flavored sheetcake - mmmm - into a landscape design with hills, trees, flowers and have a section with bunnies having an easter egg hunt on it. best of both worlds!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%