"candy Basket" Cake

Decorating By Boofycakes Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 2:52am by cylstrial

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:48am
post #1 of 5

So, I've seen those candy basket cakes where there are kit-kats around the side of the cake and m&m's on top... So, here is the question, anyone know how many packets of Kit-kats I need to go around an 8" cake? If I buy too many packets it's not a big deal, I'll eat the extras icon_smile.gif but there is nothing worse than being in the middle of the cake and have to go out to the store!

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:32am
post #2 of 5

This member said she used 13 bars for a 10" so if you buy a dozen you should have enough to spare!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1159100

HTH! icon_smile.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:32am
post #3 of 5

OK - just got back from the gallery, counting Kit Kat bars. It takes 44 single bars to do a 9 inch cake. There are 4 bars in a pack so that's 11 packs. I couldn't easily find any 8 inch cakes to check but like you said you can always eat the extras. Or send 'em to me 'cause now I want one!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:39am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleebug

OK - just got back from the gallery, counting Kit Kat bars. It takes 44 single bars to do a 9 inch cake. There are 4 bars in a pack so that's 11 packs. I couldn't easily find any 8 inch cakes to check but like you said you can always eat the extras. Or send 'em to me 'cause now I want one!

I was thinking the same think juleebug. I need my chocolate fix. Wait a minute....I thought I might have something lying around hiding from DH and I do. It's a Lindt Pistachio Swiss Milk Chocolate bar with whole pistachios nuts and almond filling, want a piece? There delicious! icon_smile.gif

Boofycakes I was going to estimate about 10 (and possibly even closer to 9) but I figured a few extra bars lying around won't hurt anyone (as long as your not counting your waist icon_lol.gif ).

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:52am
post #5 of 5

Good info to have! I've been wanting to make one of these! They just always look so cute on here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%