Cake Stand Problem! What Do You Think I Should Do?

Decorating By queenie1958 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm by sadsmile

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 8

I'm new at decorating only two months and am making my daughters wedding cake. She has picked a design with the tiers turned so it looks like stairs. I purchased a 12 inch silver cake stand for my self and a 14 for her cake. Im starting with a 12 inch cake on the bottom of her cake. The sellers sent me 2- 12 inch. He doesn't want me to return the 12 inch since the shipping is too much for him to pay he says. He wants me to purchase another stand and he will give me 25 off the stand and 50 off the shipping. Plus he has an extra 15.00 of mine since I paid for a 14 and got a 12. The extra 12 inch stand is no good to me. What do you think I should reply to him? I already purchased 14 inch silver boards plus seperator plates for this cake. HELP!
LL

7 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 8

If he sent you the wrong stand, then he should pay the shipping for you to return it, and send you a new one. If he doesn't want to ship the wrong one back, he should just send you the 14in. I wouldn't take a deal on anything else...you didn't get what you paid for. I wouldn't repurchase the right one and be stuck. His screw up, his problem to fix, at his expense.

queenie1958 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 8

Here's a picture of the cake tiers she wants
LL

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 8

id say its normal to pay for returns if you arent happy with the product, but since he sent you the wrong thing, then its his responsibility.
certainly not expecting you to keep them both, and then pay out more to get what you orginally ordered! not a great example of customer service.
xx

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 8

jen1977 said it right. It messed up and needs to correct your order.
How did you pay for it? If he does not correct the situation dispute the charge. You have a legitimate reason. You did not get what you paid for and he needs to correct it. Making you purchase an extra stand when you don't need it is wrong.

I may not always have a backbone when it comes to customer and cakes, and but I will fight until I get what I know is right when I see a company trying to rip me off. icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 8

I would simply tell him I ordered a 14", I paid for a 14", I need a 14" so please send me my 14". I don't need 2 - 12" so you can send a pick up for the extra 12" or not...........end of story.

queenie1958 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much for your posts.
I'll send him an email this afternoon. It took him two days to reply to my first email. I paid thru paypal so If no answer I'll have to open a dispute.
So frustrating so close to the wedding not to add I've neve made a wedding cake before. I've made 2 layers for my husband and they turned out great.
Thanks everyone

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 8

That was his error and what are you going to do with two 12 inch stands??? He should gladdly exchange it for the correct size that you ordered!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%