Thanks To Everyone Who Helped Me W/my Wizard Of Oz Cake!

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm by Idreamofcakes

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 13

So many of you were kind enough to give me input on my cake. Thank you so much.

The single tier cake shown is the one we started out with for her preschool. She said it wasn't "fun" enough so I came here for more ideas. The two tiered cake is what we wound up with for her big party.

I'm a firm believer that we don't get better without constructive criticism so please offer any that you have.
LL
LL

12 replies
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 13

First, it's truly a fabulous cake! The only thing I can possibly think of that I would have done differently is maybe made faces on the trees on the back side... maybe had one tossing an apple... to "even it out" because there's so much going on in the front. (But that's REALLY reaching and only because you asked for "constructive criticism")

Ivana24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivana24 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 13

Beautiful cakes.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 13

Oh WOW! icon_surprised.gif What an AWESOME cake! I know your daughter had to have loved it!!!! I hope she thought this was 'fun'!!!!!
I personally can't see anything wrong with it!!!!
You included so many Wizard of Oz elements................my favorite
is the witch's legs sticking out with the house on top of her!!!!!!!
Great job!!!!!
thumbs_up.gif

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 13

Both cakes are fabulous! The only would be faces on the trees but that is a small small detail! I am need to try making the ruby slippers!

Great job!

Bellatheball Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:19am
post #6 of 13

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it! I'd thought about the faces on the trees but ran out of time. You're all right though, it would have added to the backside of the cake. thumbs_up.gif

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 13

That turned out so cute--love the slippers. I like how a little of everything got incorporated into the cake.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 13

It really is fabulous!! Love the witche's feet. I can't seem to see any flaws.
Can I ask what you used on the ruby slippers to make them sparkle so much? They really are glittery and I've been looking for something like that...sparkle and luster dusts just aren't the same....

Bellatheball Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 13

Thank you so much everyone. I really really appreciate it.

Kello, the slippers were pretty easy. I just made them like a normal fondant or gumpaste shoe (I used red fondant). Then I brushed them with a mix of water and a little meringue powder and dipped them in red sanding sugar. They were really easy. HTH.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:38pm
post #10 of 13

Wow! Your cake is so detailed! It looks wonderful! And I just love the shoes; they are just too cute!!

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm
post #11 of 13

That helps a lot, thanks! I never would have guessed sanding sugar......looks fantastic.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:51pm
post #12 of 13

Love EVERYTHING about the cake...you are very talented...GREAT JOB!

Robin

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #13 of 13

I read your original post and was really looking forward to seeing the finished cake. I think you did a phenominal work of love!! The top tier would be a beautiful all on it's own! Then when you add the other levels, it's just so adorable! It's like a little story book around the cake.
Congratulations on your great creation thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%