Can Someone Help Explain Web Traffic And Hits Etc...

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 8:54pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone!!

I am hoping someone who is more knowledgeable about web traffic and hits etc can help me understand.I am trying to generate more web traffic to my Cake site and a new Party Decoration site that I have become a consultant for.From my understanding the more web traffic you have the more opportunity for people to buy from you meaning more income.But I don't know where to go to generate more traffic.Do I Have to sign up for a fee to have my sites seen more on Google or Yahoo....which one is better.How much should I spend? Will it garantee that my site is seen more? The party Decoration site is a sure income earner,it pretty much sells itself and needs minimal maintenance but I need the traffic to the site in order for people to buy....Is there any search engines that are free to advertise on? if not where do I go to sign up for ones that cost money?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 6

I'm still hoping that someone with some web savvy can help shed some light!

Laurel icon_wink.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 6

try posting on Craigslist and ilist, they are both free

Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

Yes..I have thought of that although I haven't heard very good things about Craiglist!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 6

I have never had a problem with them, though the listing expires in 30 days so you have to repost

Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 6

I just listed in ilist...I tried with Craiglist but they want a phone number to verify the listing so I backed out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%