Freeze Icing Or Refrigerate??

Decorating By starcitycakes Updated 5 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm by Cookies4kids

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 5

I had several cakes this weekend and LOTS of icing left. Some of it I'd like to use next weekend for Easter. Should I freeze it or could I leave it in the refrigerator?? One is a Cream Cheese Icing and the other is a regular buttercream. TIA

4 replies
saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 5

For regular BC icings, if I am going to use them the next week, I store in the refrigerator; otherwise, I put in the freezer (I have a bunch of different colors in the freezer now that I will use for Easter next week). I have frozen cream cheese icing and it thawed perfectly. I don't know how long that can stay in the frig.

HTH

Sheryl

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

I also do the same as Sheryl does. If I'm going to use next week, that goes in the fridge. Otherwise, it goes in the freezer. icon_smile.gif

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

I also do the same as Sheryl does. If I'm going to use next week, that goes in the fridge. Otherwise, it goes in the freezer. icon_smile.gif

I'll do the same

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 5

I will take a day when I am not too busy and make several batches of frosting ahead. That includes SMBC, vanilla and chocolate BC and the cream cheeese frostings. I freeze them in 3 cup containers and 1/2 gallon containers for larger projects with great success. I also make several kinds of curd and peanut butter filling that I also freeze in 1 cup containers. It is so nice to have it ready when a project comes up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%