Drippy Icing/frosting For Bundt Cakes

Decorating By staceyboots Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 9:06am by brincess_b

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know to make that drippy frosting that is typically ised to decorate bundt cakes?

Most of the recipes that I've found call for icing sugar and water but somehow they always end up more like a glaze than the opaque white frosting that I'm looking for.

Should I make a thin-consistency royal icing?

5 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 6

You can use powdered (icing) sugar and milk, but add the milk a little at a time to get the consistency that you want. I use this basic glaze for a few different things--sometimes I need it thick, sometimes I need it thin). I don't measure this, I just eyeball it until I have the consistency for whatever application I need at the time.

You can flavor this very easily, and it colors really well with only the tiniest bit of coloring.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 6

thanks, pinkziab!

i'll try the icing sugar with some milk.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 6

Just go VERY slow with the milk... I like to do it with a fork or small whisk. Like LITERALLY a teaspoon at a time if you're only doing enough for a single cake. Then just add the milk little by little until you get where you want it.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 6

For a lemon bundt I use lemon juice instead of the milk. In either case, it will be too runny if you put in too much liquid. Add the liquid a tsp or less at a time.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:06am
post #6 of 6

glace icing ps and water should still be white, depending on how much water you use. more water means it will be more like a glaze that icing.
i used royal icing on mine, turned out great (dont have a pic up yet though)
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%