Wasc Disaster In The Making...

Decorating By Mommy_Cakes Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 2:44am by Rose_N_Crantz

Mommy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy_Cakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:57am
post #1 of 7

Ok, so I'm not even sure how bad this is going to be, but I thought I'd share it with everyone anyways.

My husband and son's bdays are one day apart, so per my darling husbands (cough cough) request, I am making a half WASC/Chocolate Wasc cake.

Well the regular WASC decided to be done way before the chocolate, so now I have an overdone Wasc and a concaved chocolate....which took forever to finish. I thought they would cook at about the same speed, I'm not really sure what happened.

Well I thought I'd share that just incase anyone else thinks it sounds like a good idea.

*I'm hoping I can level it to cut of the part that caved in. As for the overdone part, well I'm gonna taste part of the 'cake scraps' and see how bad it is...I'm sure the 4 year olds won't mind to much icon_sad.gif

6 replies
amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:04am
post #2 of 7

did you swirl or was it two seperate cakes?

Mommy_Cakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 7

It's not swirled, one half is choc. the other half was regular WASC. Baked in one pan.

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #4 of 7

Hmm, yeah, that was the problem. Chocolate cakes usually have different rising agents, and they are usually more dense. Did you use a heating core?

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:48am
post #5 of 7

If the overdone part is just too dry you might be able to salvage it by adding a moistening syrup. Depends on how "done" the edges are too though. I like to use coffee syrups because they have lots of flavors and I'm basically lazy and don't want to have to make my own. icon_smile.gif

Mommy_Cakes Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 10:41am
post #6 of 7

other then the sinking parts in chocolate half that were over iced to level out the cake, no one noticed a thing icon_lol.gif

It was for my son's bday-so the four year olds were more concerned with who was gonna get what color icing

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:44am
post #7 of 7

Did anyone see the first episode of Celebrity Apprentice this season? The challenge was to bake cupcakes for charity. Well, the ladies team made some chocolate cupcakes and they did not rise. At all. Little chocolate cakes shaped like bowls really. So they made some ganache and filled in the holes with the ganache. Topped them with a little icing and some cupcakery in New York said they were awesome. Maybe you could try something like that with the chocolate side of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%