I have made 5 different types of cupcakes for a Hotel opening tomorrow. I am not selling them, they are a donation as we have helped remodel the hotel and I am doing this to try and get some business. But if I were to sell them what would I charge? What would you charge.
The pics are in my photos. There are:
1. Chocolate cupcake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting topped with a chocolate dipped strawberry.
2. Chocolate cupcake with peanut butter filling and peanut butter buttercream frosting and a mini chocolate chip.
3. Chocolate cupcake with orange flavored buttercream frosting and chocolate sprinkles.
4. Chocolate cupcake with cinnamon buttercream frosting and a candy red hot to top it off.
5. Chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting dipped in coconut and drizzled with chocolate.
I don't know if you would consider them gourmet cupcakes...kinda new to the cupcake thing, but I am really interested in getting into more gourmet flavors and selling them.
Those look great! Have you dont any price comparisons in your area? I was just in a upscale cupcake shop here in CA and there were selling ones the same size as yours for $3 and that was no filling just cupcake and buttercream frosting.
Good luck with future business!!
I am thinking $2 each here. I really have nothing to compare to here. There isn't anything around...except Walmart and the grocery store and there is NO way I will compare these to their cupcakes......
I'm pretty sure I commented on 4 of your 5 photos and loved all of them. The dipped strawberry ones in particular are extremely elegant looking.
I reckon $3 would be good. If you don't have much competition around though you might be able to push it a little higher.
In Kathy Moore's book "Starting a Cake Decorating Business" she says lots of people associate low prices with low quality so maybe you need to be careful of that?
Hope I helped a little Amy x
Thanks Amy. I haven't really thought on the lines of lost cost low quality myself, but it makes sense. I am a "Cheapie" since I never have money to spend but I do realize not everyone is like that so I should try to look on a larger scale than my pocketbook!