Internet?

Lounge By krysoco Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 2:55pm by krysoco

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

This may be a silly question. Is wireless internet and those air cards the same thing? Like the Sierra Air Time Cards from Centennial and such? I have a laptop that we never use and I wanted to put internet on it for DH's to use at work.

What company do you use?
Is the connectivity good in rural places?
Are you satisfied or not w/everything?

TIA hope it isn't like totally stupid for me to ask this. I'm technogically challenged?

3 replies
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:43am
post #2 of 4

What kind internet connection do you use. I have dsl and my modem broadcast so as long as you have a wireless card you can log on. I think most lap tops have a wireless modem in them. I just got my modem at best buy.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:48am
post #3 of 4

Sorry, didn't read your post well enough, missed the at work part. My son's lap top he can get on in a lot of places because of people that have modems like mine, he just pirates it. But what your talking about I think use like satelites to link up. Not to sure, my son is our computer whiz.

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

My son's lap top he can get on in a lot of places because of people that have modems like mine, he just pirates it. But what your talking about I think use like satelites to link up.

Okay what does it mean to "pirate it"? icon_redface.gif Is that like where you can steal internet connection? I don't have WiFi on my laptop.

Do you know the difference between that and the satelite link up connection?

TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%