Michele Foster's Fondant Is Wonderful

Decorating By Joanne1944 Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 4:07am by all4cake

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

I just tried the updated recipe and I just love this fondant. It is so smooth, not at all sticky and very elastic. I added some gel color in the process and my fondant color is so even.
Has anyone tried adding the white chocolate mentioned as an option? I am going o try this next.
Thank you, Michele.

3 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:46am
post #2 of 4

I've made it with white choc. and it tasted great...

I also just posted in another forum about some I made tonight...I'm going to lift it and post here as well.

"Jesus...I just made what I think is my best tasting batch of this fondant so far.

It was a HALF batch actually (I wanted to test a new flavoring I just got - Butter Vanilla)

I added 3/4 tsp. salt...up from my normal 1/2 tsp. for a half batch (I just don't like overly sweet, I'd rather taste flavor not sugar).

I used 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp. MAGIC LINE Butter Vanilla, & 1/2 tsp. MAGIC LINE Creme Bouquet...Wow! YUM!"

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 4

I just made Michelle Foster's Fondant for the first time for a cake I did this weekend--Not only did I really like it, but it was a hit at the office! Living in a small town in Indiana, this is the first time just about everyone ate the fondant instead of peeling it off. Yeah! (I can hardly wait to try the white chocolate version!)

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:07am
post #4 of 4

I just made two batches...colored each during. I will let it rest the 24 hours as suggested and use it tomorrow night. I have no idea why I used the colors I chose...royal blue and purple....I'd really like a batch of burnt orange, or some other earthy tone. If I had more glycerin, I'd make more....another day, I reckon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%