Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 1:05pm by Rhonda19

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 6

Hi. I am not a very big fanof fondant, and I am always looking for something that tastes a little better. I have tried MMF and, at least to me, it is still way too sweet, and I end up eating the cake on the inside and leaving the outside untouched. Has anyone used modeling chocolate, whether white or dark, as a covering instead of fondant? I read in, I think Collette's cakes, that it can be used in place of. Has anyone tried it?

5 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:27am
post #2 of 6

Most diffinitely!!! I just did a dog out of it and I LOVE IT!!!! My new best friend! It is yummy and is so much easier to work with;more pliable and less dry out . I used chocopan white...delicious! I believe it is worth every penny spent!!!

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 6

Ski, do you make it or buy it???? If you buy it, where can I get some?

Also, does it stay soft on the cake like fondant does, or does it harden like chocolate?

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 6

It acts the same as fondant! Taste terrific! thumbs_up.gif I order mine from Global Sugarart, right here on CC.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:26am
post #5 of 6

Traci try MFF (Michele Foster Fondant) with chocolate added it is way better than MMF.

Here's the recipe:

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7432-2-Michele-Fosters-Updated-Fondant.html

Also if you have any questions on her fondant she's just added a page answering many ?'s that are all on one page.

http://www.thesugarfixtoo.com/fondant.html

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 6

I make all of my modeling chocolate.... EASY, EASY!! I have never covered a cake in it, but have made characters out of it for my cakes, and it does great.

I was asked to make a cake for a nursery's first anniversary. Was the very first cake, outside of family, that I made. I didn't think the kids would like the taste of the fondant I was using, so I made everything out of modeling chocolate. It was a hit!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%