Fondant On Cookies

Baking By vcm_9 Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 12:05am by Bossy

vcm_9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcm_9 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 2

OK, I have a couple of questions...I have never made cookies before!! Please bear with me...I did a search but came up empty.

1. How long do cookies last once baked, before they go stale? Would 2 or 3 days be right?

2. If covering with fondant does this effect the shelf life? How long till it goes stale once covered?

3. Can I freeze fondant covered cookies? I have read on here that RI ones can be frozen, nut couldn't come up with anything for fondant.

I want to have them baked, covered in fondant 48 hours before the event. Plus no packaging, just served on a platter. So do I store them in an airtight container, or will they sweat?...the fondant is confusing me because it acts so differently to cookies!! ARGH!

PLEASE HELP A TOTAL NEWBIE!

1 reply
Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:05am
post #2 of 2

I learned from Linedancer here at CC to freeze cookies with fondant. Just let the fondant dry out well and place wax or parchment paper between the layers. I have had cookies out for 3 or 4 days and did not notice any staleness. Last batch of 150 I did, I made the cookies over 2 weekends and frooe, then did the fondant the 3rd weekend and took to a party on Tues. I do store them air tight containers or with silcone packets here in FL becuase of the humidity any cookie will get soft if not stored that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%