Instead Of Marscapone??? Hmmm?

Decorating By kellertur Updated 27 Mar 2009 , 1:48am by myslady

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have an idea what can be substituted for Marscapone cheese in a Tiramisu cake? (but not cream cheese, I have a non-hazardous food license). icon_confused.gif

There must be something... vegan marscapone is just TOO labor intensive and I believe it would fall into the "hazardous-foods" catagory anyway.

Whoever figures this one out ~ THANK YOU a thousand times. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 7

Is there a mock cream cheese recipe you can use? Something like the bettercreme and cheesecake pudding mix?

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 7

I do have several recipes, but each and every one falls in my understanding into the "hazardous-foods" category. Some of it is nearer to the original, some are "just so".
In almost every one is heavy cream - this would be "hazardous", wouldn't be? In others is cream cheese or cottage cheese.

I found a recipe for "mascarpone" too: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mascarpone/Detail.aspx

The problem is that here even cakes and cookies (but mostly cakes) fall into hazardous foods and I don't know where they differ.

kellertur Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:08am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by myslady

Is there a mock cream cheese recipe you can use? Something like the bettercreme and cheesecake pudding mix?

I could use Tofutti "cream cheese" but since it would then need to be refrigerated I can't use it. I don't use vegan cream cheese in my cakes/fillings for that reason. icon_sad.gif It works great in "cheesecake", but I can't sell those either...

Thanks for responding though... I'm bound and determined to find a way around this, as silly as it sounds. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:18am
post #5 of 7

I would definitly giv the cheesecake pudding recipes a try...............I belive they use bettercreme which is non-dairy. The recipe should be on cc. I know the oudding tastes great so with bettercreme it must taste like a moussy creamcheese without the dairy. HTH

kellertur Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:26am
post #6 of 7

If it requires refrigeration I can't use it. Can the cake be left out once filled?

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #7 of 7

What about the sleeve fillings......

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20411

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%