How'd You Chose Your User Name?

Lounge By cakes22 Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm by EyeCandy

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 29

I see so many interesting user names, just wondering if they had special meaning or how you came up with them?

mine: cakes22 = I like cakes & 22 is my birthday & fav. #.

28 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 29

my dh came up with mine .. a cake decorator ... a combo of both words, the-cake-er-a-tor!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 29

icon_cool.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 29

Oh...the name, NOT avatar..sorry! My first name is Jamie!

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 29

My name is Tiffany, and my mom has called me Miss Tiff for as long as I can remember. (If I heard "Tiffany" I knew I was in trouble!)

__Jamie__ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 29

Lol...TIIIIIIIIIIIfannny! I can hear it now!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 29

What??? You're mom only used your whole first name when you were in trouble? Around these here parts we knew we were in trouble when your entire name: first, middle and last was screeched from the window of the house-he, he!

user name, first three letters of my last name and cakes-not a very creative choice, but it was at the end of a really long day.

okay, a funny story: at school things are addressed to the grade we teach and the first letter of our last name, so one year 2 of our names started with the letter F, so I was told that my mail would be addressed to F U
Oh NO they didn't! A new system was put in place. Ha, ha-I do have some power.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 29

There's a caterer in town who goes by Indy Anna (get it? Indiana?). I thought it was such a cool play on words that I stole the idea!

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 29

Mine isn't so special.. I love the outdoors and I love fairies/pixies...Tink is my hero..Someitmes I wish I could run away to Pixie Hollow..lol

Yep, I also remember when I was in trouble and it was the first and middle name being called..lol

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #10 of 29

Mine was my original letterboxing name, Alaska cause I live here and HSM for Homeschoolmommy (cause I am one. icon_smile.gif Anyone want to know what letterboxing is icon_smile.gif

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:01am
post #11 of 29

Mine is a combination of my hubby's name and mine....lets all say awwwwwww!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:38am
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

That's exactly what I heard too!! icon_lol.gif

When my kids are in trouble they know it, I call them by their full name (first, middle and last).

My username:

I wanted to ask a ? but didn't know how addictive the site was going to be so just used something I used waayyyy back when I had time for cross stitching. If I knew I was still going to be around for this long (and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon icon_lol.gif ) I'd have been much more creative....ahh, well.....

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 5:33am
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

AAAH! Now so can I! Thanks... icon_razz.gif

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:29am
post #14 of 29

Mine is the title of a Bon Jovi song. Love the lyrics...

(can you tell I'm a big fan? icon_biggrin.gif )

p.s. Alaskahsm - I want to know what letterboxing is!

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:53am
post #15 of 29

Are you sure, it'll be another addiction icon_wink.gif
www.letterboxing.org or www.atlasquest.com

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:28am
post #16 of 29

I'm SugarFrosted because I am very messy and usually have almost as much frosting on me as on the cake I am working on. It's the name I have used just about everywhere on the net since the 90s. It's also the name of my website.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:06pm
post #17 of 29

j - DH first initial
a - my first initial
m- DD1 first initial
m- DD2 first initial
jenks - shortened version of our last name.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:27pm
post #18 of 29

Ro - short for my name Robin
n - short for and
Bob - my husband
1984 - the year we got married

Lame, I know

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:35pm
post #19 of 29

jewely= Julie (My first name)
kaye= Kaye (My middle name)

yes, I know I'm also not very creative...

I'm from the south so a lot of my family calls me Julie Kaye...friends just know me as Julie.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:45pm
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelykaye

I'm from the south so a lot of my family calls me Julie Kaye...friends just know me as Julie.

to sidetrack just a second ... my sister's name is Carla Jean. she didn't know her first name was carla until she started school.

Her family calls her Jean.
Her co-workers call her Carla.
Her friends call her CJ.

So when I'm at her house, I can tell the relationship she has with someone just by what they call her! icon_lol.gif

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:29pm
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelykaye

to sidetrack just a second ... my sister's name is Carla Jean. she didn't know her first name was carla until she started school.

Her family calls her Jean.
Her co-workers call her Carla.
Her friends call her CJ.

So when I'm at her house, I can tell the relationship she has with someone just by what they call her! icon_lol.gif

Don't you just love how that works... so of course when I named my daughter she had to have a name that would work the same. It's Audrey Lynn.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 12:49pm
post #22 of 29

Whenever I was in trouble, it was my first and middle name yelled... ELIZABETH ANN !!!! Nobody, I mean NOBODY called me Elizabeth unless I was in trouble, so whenever someone calls me that, I internally cringe, lol. Please, just call me Beth.

I think my screen name is pretty self-explanatory. Except now I'm really bigsisof7kids, but I'm had the 3kids screen name forever on the internet, so I just kept it to be less confusing to me.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:47am
post #23 of 29

Ah.. chilz822..
chilz is short for ChiliP (Chili-P), which is a nickname I've had for many years because I'm a huge, huge, HUGE (did I mention huge?) fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have several tattoos and each of them have little red peppers incorperated somewhere in them (inside joke to myself) ... and 8/22 is my birthday.

...did I mention I was a huge fan? icon_biggrin.gif

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #24 of 29

Mine was the name of the best cat I ever had, Hallow and I had her for 3 years before she got sick. We got her on Halloween night while we were taking the kids trick and treating and she followed us the whole time. She was just a kitten. Then when we were done and going home, she jumped into our minivan and she was destined to be ours.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:33pm
post #25 of 29

My last name is Fox... I'm a mom... and my first born's bday is 5/21

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:25am
post #26 of 29

Okay, so I debated for a couple days trying to figure out a cool name, I was just completely blank and stuck with a boring normal name. Jer is for my name Jermin but everyone calls me Jer and 702 is the area code for Las Vegas where I live.

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:39am
post #27 of 29

Well believe it or not mine has nothing to do with the wizard of Oz. I've never even seen it icon_lol.gif but since I've been using that name I found out that there is a Aunt Em in it.
It is because I'm from a large family so I was an aunt when I was born. but no one every calls me "aunt" because all my nieces and nephews are really close to my age. "Em" is my nickname.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:13am
post #28 of 29

ready...wait for it...wait for it...it's sooooooooo creative.

My screen name is my first initial and my last name.

I know, I know, please stop the applause I'm blushing. Really it's just so hard being so darn creative but yet I pulled it off with dignity and grace. *flips hair and gives a big toothy Trident gum commercial smile*

I put in a bunch of different user names and they were all taken. I finally just used what I have now because I got sick of trying to be creative.

Oh and by the way Beth (bigsisof3kids) is not kidding about her name. I called her Elizabeth in class once and you should have seen her face. It looked something like this icon_eek.gif. You could literally see how much she hated being called that without her saying a word.....it was priceless icon_lol.gif I then use to call her Bethany just joking around here and there, that one never bothered her though.

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #29 of 29

When I started getting into making cupcakes just a few months back I was searching for a catchy name for my creations. After seeing all the pictures a friend of mine started calling them Eye Candy. My husband, family and other friends liked it so it stuck. Now I call my creations Eye Candy by Diana... and if I get the opportunity to open a bakery one day that will hopefully be the business name. My crafty friends have already came up with logos.

So there you have it, Eye Candy... in reference to my baked goods. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%