I Quit Smoking!

Lounge By Tinabug1979 Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 3:05am by tjrobin31

Tinabug1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabug1979 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:34am
post #1 of 14

I just had to share the news, b/c I feel like this is huge! On the 16th of March, I stated cutting back, from a pack (at the least), down to 9, then each day tried to cut back alittle more then finally on the 22nd of March, I didn't smoke any.
It's hard not to just grab one and smoke it with my coffee... But I'm making it. lol

13 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:53am
post #2 of 14

Congratulations!! DH and I are working on quitting, too. It is NOT EASY!! Last week we went 4 days with no smokes, then just bought one pack...ugh, now I'm off the wagon again. But I'm not giving up!!
I'm so proud of you, this is SO HARD!!

Tinabug1979 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:10am
post #3 of 14

Oh dang, both of yall trying at the same time? lol It is very hard. I als quit smoking about 8 years ago, stopped for 3yrs, Then started right back. Ugh! Well good luck, and I hope both of you guys are able to quit without choking the other! icon_wink.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:34am
post #4 of 14

Quitting together was the only way we could do it...otherwise there would be cigs around and we'd surely fail. So far we've been nice to each other...we just remind ourselves how much money we'll save!! LOL! It's super scary how easy it is to pick it back up, but we shall overcome, right?!
Great job to you and good luck keeping it up!

Tinabug1979 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:50am
post #5 of 14

Of course, you shall overcome! Well my DH is still smoking, he's so not ready, which I wasn't either, but you have to to it at ur own time and pace. oh yeah, and yall should take a vacation with the money you'll save! It'll be alot! lol Good luck to both of yall!

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 14

Very proud of you Tinabug. I myself am trying to quit smoking. My Hubby has already quit. I'm just having a bit more trouble then he did - lol! Congrats and keep up the good work!

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 14

I'm really proud of you. I quit cold turkey 6 years ago so that I could have healthy pregnancies and once I saw my babies I swore to myself I would never smoke again. I can honestly say I've only had one craving in all that time, knock on wood.

Good luck to you! It's such a wonderful accomplishment.

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 14

That's great news Tinabug. I have been trying for the last two years. Haven't done it yet. I can do for a few days sometimes without one at all and then i have to have a few. I hope to be smoke free in the next couple of months.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 14

Good for you!!! Your on your way to a better life, tinabug!!!
I quit after I met my DH and learning about what he had to go thru with his mom's death due to cancer. I didn't want my kids to go thru that. Then after seeing my grandpa lose his battle with throat cancer, that pretty much sealed the deal.

Wishing you the best of luck..... thumbs_up.gif

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:37pm
post #10 of 14

Wow, thats great news Tinabug.. Congrats! Keep up the good work!

Tinabug1979 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:18am
post #11 of 14

Thank you all, so much! I feel bettr already. I should come back here and read all these comments when I crave another smoke.. again, Thank you all. icon_wink.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 10:31am
post #12 of 14

Congratulations, Tinabug! You should be so proud! What a wonderful thing to do for yourself! Keep up the great job!

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:57pm
post #13 of 14

Good for you! That is a big accomplishment! And I'm sure if you're having trouble with cravings, you could post on here and we'd all try to help steer you back on track. (After all, we should be craving frosting and cookies, right?) thumbs_up.gif

tjrobin31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjrobin31 Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #14 of 14

congratulations tinabug, i quit about 3 months ago now, glad i quit the smokes, now whats the program for getting off of nicorrette lol, oh well better than the smokes i guess.
keep up the good work

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%