Moist Wedding Cake Recipe ???

Decorating By GARY Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm by Ladiesofthehouse

GARY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GARY Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:07am
post #1 of 14

Does anyone have any suggestions on a really good wedding cake recipe. I'm making my daughter's birthday cake & I really just love the flavor of wedding cakes. Also looking for something very moist.
Thanks - Gina

13 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:25am
post #2 of 14

White Almond Sour Cream Cake is good. Alot of top-end wedding cake designers use this recipe. It always tastes better the 3rd day...so make sure you don't cut into it till the 3rd day. icon_smile.gif You can halve the recipe if you don't want that much cake. But really, it's so good perhaps you do want that much cake! icon_lol.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-2-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake-WASC.html

I love the chocolate cake recipe from scratch, too. Also I love the Red Velvet Scratch cake recipe (revised) here on CC. Um, let's see. Oh, the Lemon cake...well shucks. You didn't really say what flavor you like!? Any cake can be made into a "wedding" cake. I even have a wedding cake recipe...er...just a really good cake...for a scratch carrot that I received from a CC member. Wow, it's my number 1 fav cake, too. icon_biggrin.gif

So search the recipe sections. Pick one that looks best to you and appeals to what your taste buds are calling!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #3 of 14

Wedding cake and birthday cake are the same thing inside. Any recipe you like will do. If there is a particular bakery's cake that you like, you might start by inquiring there (at least for general type).

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 14

i love a victoria sponge recipe. but with any cake you can add simple syrup, and that will add extra moistness.
xx

faial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 14

is there a good easy siimple syrup to brush on the cake layers ?

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 14

I love the WASC recipe. I make the original and most of the variations. They all taste great, look great and stack great!

Here is the link to the WASC variations and some yummy fillings, some of us CC members came up with in the gourmet flavor thread!

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

faial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks for the link.....I will use often...javascript:emoticon('icon_biggrin.gif')

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY

I really just love the flavor of wedding cakes.

Wedding cake flavors that are unique and not just one flavor (like almond) are probably the result of one of these flavorings:

creme bouquet (my fave)
wedding bouquet
princess emulsion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY

Also looking for something very moist.

WASC, or any of its flavor variations. thumbs_up.gif

Here's a thread that has both versions of the basic recipe (with and without oil) and flavor variations....
(Also has popular CC recipes for crusting American b/c's and fondant.)

Everything you need to know to bake, assemble and decorate tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Another WASC chocolate variation by Cakepro:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7367-AMAZING-Chocolate-WASC-Cake.html

HTH

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #9 of 14

the simple syrup i use is 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon sugar, heated on the stove, til the sugar dissolves. theres other ways to do it i think though, but that works for me.
xx

faial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 14

thanks brincess_b

I will try it on my next cake....I have a birthday cake for next week....it's for my friends co-worker.....she wants Marble cake .....it shoulr be good brushed with the syrup.....
Thanks again

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 14

Simple syrup is just that...simple! 1:1 ratio of water and sugar. Cook until dissolved..cool...there ya go!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Wedding cake and birthday cake are the same thing inside. Any recipe you like will do. If there is a particular bakery's cake that you like, you might start by inquiring there (at least for general type).

I agree. It probably just tastes better at a wedding because youre getting a free meal and drinks LOL!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:17pm
post #13 of 14

WASC all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't beat it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vanilla or Chocolate ~ they are the BEST!!!!!!!

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #14 of 14

Where can I buy Creme Bouquet online?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%