Add Pudding The Pillsbury Funfetti??

Decorating By jen1977 Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 4:18am by tmdoxie

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 10

I usually use DH and add a small box of pudding. I have to make Funfetti, so bought Pillsbury. Do you add pudding to it since it already has pudding in it?

9 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 10

On the rare occasion that I use a cake mix I always use Pilsbury and I do add a box of instant pudding to the mix, along with one extra egg. I also use 1.5 times the oil it calls for. My cakes this way always turn out great. For the funfetti mix, I'd suggest using the white chocolate or cheesecake pudding. The vanilla pudding will turn your cake a tinge yellow.

Otherwise, if you prefer to stick with the DH and pudding that you normally use, you can always make a white cake and add a jar of colored jimmies (or sprinkles) to the cake to make it funfetti. You can also choose the colors of the funfetti if you do this.

Hope this helps!

jen1977 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if I should add the pudding and extra egg! Thanks for the quick reply!

jen1977 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 10

Ok, my cake is finally done. It's a 12in round, I used the pudding and extra egg, a flower nail in the center, and baked at s this because I used the extra pudding? I hate to bake the second layer the same way if the pudding is the problem.

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Ok, my cake is finally done. It's a 12in round, I used the pudding and extra egg, a flower nail in the center, and baked at s this because I used the extra pudding? I hate to bake the second layer the same way if the pudding is the problem.

I don't understand your wording. Did you encounter a problem with the cake?
And BTW, whenever I do funfetti cakes, I just use my standard white mix, whether box or scratch and add 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies to the batter.

jen1977 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

I don't understand your wording. Did you encounter a problem with the cake?
And BTW, whenever I do funfetti cakes, I just use my standard white mix, whether box or scratch and add 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies to the batter.

Sorry...I was using the laptop with the pad mouse thing, and it skipped words when I typed.

I baked at 325 with a flower nail, and it took forever. It's much darker than the cakes are normally.

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm
post #7 of 10

To clarify - how long was "forever"? I've had cakes take longer than I thought they should, but I've never had mine come out darker than usual. Have you calibrated your oven temperature lately to make sure that it's accurate?

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:25pm
post #8 of 10

I just made a funfetti cke for a nephews birthday and I added a vanilla instant pudding to it...it makes it moist and delicious. HTH

jen1977 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 10:23pm
post #9 of 10

I didn't really time it...I started checking it when I started smelling it. I just know that it took longer than the cake I made last week the same size and is darker. Off to bake #2. Hope it works fine!

tmdoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmdoxie Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 4:18am
post #10 of 10

I primarily use Pillsbury and I still add a box of pudding to the mix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%