Dummy Cakes...outside?

Decorating By vrmcc1 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm by indydebi

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 3

I was talking with my aunt the other day about making a sign for my front yard and after talking about it we came up with an idea...

I have 8 pillars on the sides of the steps leading to my front door and we thought about making dummy cakes to put on them as "advertisement"/decoration. We were thinking about taking styrofoam tiers, and covering them in drywall mud, then painting and decorating them, then covering them with a sealer. We would have to hollow them out and weight them down so they didn't move.

Anyway my question is has anyone attempted something like this or would you have any sugestions that may work to allow them to be exposed to the elements.

Thank you,
Val

2 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 3

Haven't tried it myself, but I can't see a reson why it wouldn't work. I'd love to see pictures if and when you decide to do it. I think it's a great idea!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 3

sounds like a cute idea. I'd just be sure you're zoned ok for a business and/or your homeowner assoc permits it. (In my sub-division, the only sign you can put in front of your house is a "For Sale" or a "Sold" sign. At election time, I get on my high-horse about stifling my freedom of political speech ... but that's a lounge forum topic! icon_twisted.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%