2Nd Fondant Cake-Mickey Mouse

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm by trishalynn0708

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if you could check out my 2nd Fondant Cake that I have done. I got the idea from Terri05 - So thank you!! But because the cake was taller than the first fondant cake that I did I had a really hard time getting the sides even and I had a lot of over lay stuff that bunched on both sides and I couldn't get it smoothed out. Any tips with this I would appreciate. or if you see anything else on my cake to help me out that would be great!!
Thanks a ton!!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1334696&done=1

4 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 5

The colors are great and I'm impressed you got a true black fondant. I'm sure the birthday kid was thrilled.

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 5

I think it looks wonderful...Keep up the great work!!!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

I think you did a great job. Love your colors!

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatheball

The colors are great and I'm impressed you got a true black fondant. I'm sure the birthday kid was thrilled.

It actually took me a day to get the black to look like that. I made all of my fondant the night before and then the next day when I got up in the morning I warmed it up in the microwave and then I added more black, put it back in the fridge to sit and then a few hours later I ended up adding more. It was a process but I am happy with it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%