First Sps Disaster

Decorating By luelue1971 Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 1:32am by JenniferMI

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 1:51pm
post #31 of 34

I have a question about different kinds of SPS.

I have used the ones with the spike like Leah recommends, but I am now hearing others whose plates don't have that spike, and they just use shelf liner between the cake board and the SPS board. They swear that the cake won't move, but I just can't wrap my brain around that concept. I need the spike!

My question is, are they using a different brand? I am going to double check before I order anything now to make sure I am getting the plates I want!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:07pm
post #32 of 34

There AREN'T different types of SPS. SPS is the proper name of the system made by BakeryCrafts.

Coast makes a similar product that I haven't used. I don't know if the peg is there or not.

Stress Free Supports (SFS) are a different, very expensive product that work well and I've seen that people frequently use the non-skid with that system.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 5:42pm
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

There AREN'T different types of SPS. SPS is the proper name of the system made by BakeryCrafts.

Ah, thanks Leah. There are several women in my cake club who are calling theirs SPS, but I'm glad to know the difference! icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 1:32am
post #34 of 34

GREAT save! My hat is off to you!!

Just so you learn from what happened. I think that is the most important thing...so it doesn't happen again.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%