Crock-A-Doodle...a Tonne Of Fun!

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm by jammjenks

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 2

Well, my son and i just returned from our app't at crock-a-doodle and had the most fun time. For those who are not familiar, it is a pottery place. You pick your peice and start painting till your satisfied. I have to say it is pretty pricey but well worth the hour and a half of fun we had. My son, was able to try different techniques out. It was a great mom and me thing to do. We both painted plates. I painted a bunch of flowers on mine..pretty basic i might add, but i'm not much of a drawer or painter. I have to say i absolutely got lost in the project. It was so relaxing. I'm thinking i have to take a painting class now. The woman working at the place were going on and on how nice my peice was but i think they were just trying to make me feel good. I'm definitely not an artist. I do think the fact that i've decorated cakes and cookies helped a bit. I was having a hard time working with the brushes, then they handed me a squeeze bottle with a long pin tip on it..perfect. Kinda like a piping bag..much easier to do swirls with that then the brush. Fun fun fun! If you have one in your area try it out, it's lots of fun and relaxing. Great for our March break.

Suzanne

1 reply
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 2

I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a cool place. I would love to see pictures of what you and your son did.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%