Bake Sale

Decorating By mbelgard Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 2:14am by luvsfreebies72

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:53am
post #1 of 7

My kindergartener brought home a note asking for baked goods for a bake sale and I need some ideas. The note also made no mention of how much they want each child to bring.

They are going to be having the sale during P/T conferences. Smart since the school is going to be overflowing with tired, hungry teachers who have to stay 4 hours late two days in a row. icon_lol.gif

Give me some ideas please.

I do plan on talking to the teacher about how much is wanted but knowing the teachers around here they won't give a real answer because they're pathetically grateful for whatever parents do send.

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:47am
post #2 of 7

My bake sale experiences taught me that teachers are cake in one hand, coffee in the other hand kind of people. Cupcakes and doughnuts are what I would send.

The parents will buy cookies to take home, and some will buy a whole small cake for dessert that night.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:59am
post #3 of 7

If there's going to be a meeting, maybe some fruit/nut muffins to energize them....or some scones, they'll probably have coffee to go with them.

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 7

biscottis!! yummy, dunked in their coffee! If you want something savory I could give you ideas for that too.

fuzzykoala22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuzzykoala22 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
post #5 of 7

Brownies. With nuts and without. icon_biggrin.gif Easy to individually portion and wrap, not to mention they're CHOCOLATE! I have also done rice krispy treats--make a double batch but put it in the same size pan for thicker treats. Drizzle tops with melted white chocolate & add non-pareils. Great seller!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:11am
post #6 of 7

I sent cake truffles and they flew off the tables at the last bake sale. Bite sized, easy to handle.

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #7 of 7

brownie pops!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%