Sorry, Another Pricing Question

Business By misterc Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 4:27am by FromScratch

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 10

I have a bride that has asked for 300 mini cupcakes in 3 different flavors. I have just started doing the cupcake thing so I'm not sure what to charge. My cake prices start at $3.75 per serving if that helps you gauge my market. Look at my pics if you need to. Thanks!

9 replies
shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 10

not sure on the priceing question but you do great work.

misterc Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks Shelly

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 10

Mini-cupcakes? icon_confused.gif

Is she having something else, or just trying to be really cheap?

Do you know your cost for each cupcake? If not I would figure that out first and then go from there.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:22am
post #5 of 10

I hate mini cupcakes. HATE them... that being said, if I had to do them I would charge plenty for them. I start cupcakes at $4.50 each (filled and decorated) and I'd say that 2-3 minis equal one big one. Have a minimum too.. something like 2 dozen per flavor combo.

I don't offer minis... I hate them.. did I mention I hate mini cupcakes???? Because I hate them. No really... I hate them... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

misterc Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

I hate mini cupcakes. HATE them... that being said, if I had to do them I would charge plenty for them. I start cupcakes at $4.50 each (filled and decorated) and I'd say that 2-3 minis equal one big one. Have a minimum too.. something like 2 dozen per flavor combo.

I don't offer minis... I hate them.. did I mention I hate mini cupcakes???? Because I hate them. No really... I hate them... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Thanks for the info- why do you hate them?

FromScratch Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 10

They are a pain (IMHO of course). They are small... you have to scoop and fill way more teeny tiny cups... transporting them is a pain because they tend to be tippy if you don't have specialized containers... you have to ice so many of them... I have only done one mini cupcake order and I swore off of them. They dry out quicker too so you can't do them too far in advance.

misterc Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:06am
post #8 of 10

Thanks for the heads up!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:43am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Can I get an AMEN!?! icon_rolleyes.gif I really hate mini cupcakes and typically the people that order them, too!

FromScratch Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:27am
post #10 of 10

A - freakin' - MEN!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%