Can't Seem To Get Excited About This Cake.

Decorating By arsing1 Updated 23 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm by arsing1

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 18

Ok, so I'm making my MIL's birthday cake. It's going to be a 3 tiered topsy-turvy with a Wizard of Oz theme. I just can't seem to get motivated or excited about it though. I'm just kinda blah. Maybe it's because I'm not getting paid for it, lol.

17 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 18

If it were for my ex-MIL, she'd be the one on the broom. icon_lol.gif

It sounds like you don't have a solid game plan for this cake. When all your ideas mesh, your enthusiasm will return.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 18

I do have a plan for the cake. I even have it drawn out. I think that there's just soooo much going on the cake it's a little overwhelming.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 18

cool I was that way with thte last cake I did until i had some of the layon stuff done and drying I felt way overwhelmed. After a few more items were completed my excitment level picked up and I couldn't wait to finish the cake. Haha on the Mil being the WW -I would so love to do that!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 18

so cut back on the design. maybe as you simplify, it will get easier. you can always add more later, anyway.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 18

Turn the actual movie on while you're creating it... might help.
icon_smile.gif

arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 18

We do have the movie, but it's on VHS and the only VCR we have is in the bedroom.

Maybe I just need more champagne!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 18

uh... is champagne gonna help the appearance? icon_wink.gif

arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #9 of 18

LOL, actually it seems to help! I'm more creative when I'm tipsy. I also relax so my hand isn't shaking trying to do detail work. It's strange I know. I know the image you have in your head of some crazy drunk woman stumbling around the kitchen throwing icing and fondant balls on a cake, lol!!

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:40pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

If it were for my ex-MIL, she'd be the one on the broom. icon_lol.gif

Sounds like my current MIL. I've actually threatened to dance at her funeral while singing "Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead." icon_twisted.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:44pm
post #11 of 18

Omg, you never did threaten that, hehehehe sounds like something i would say to my MIL!!!! and thats only when i get dragged to the funeral ! I hate it when i cant get my 'buzz' for a cake!! i did one last weekend and was counting the days down till i could begin it!! i have one for this weekend and am like . . meh . . lmao x hope you get your Buzz!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #12 of 18

hey arising1, it's ok to be tipsy when making an OZ cake cause the guy that wrote it had to be more than tipsy during his creation!
icon_biggrin.gif

arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #13 of 18

Well, I'm one bottle down and still no excitement. The last cake is in the oven now.. Maybe once I start stacking and carving it will creep up on me. For now, gotta send hubby to the store for more champagne!

sadsmile Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #14 of 18

Just checking back... I can't wait to see pics!!!

arsing1 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #15 of 18

I can't wait to see the pics either! That will mean it's finally done! LOL

arsing1 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 1:59pm
post #16 of 18

Ok. Here's the final cake. As you can see, the topsy turvy thing didn't work out, which threw off the entire design. Some of the characters look out of place now. I had already made all of them so they WERE going on the cake.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1334963

sadsmile Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:49pm
post #17 of 18

No one else see's what isn't there. That stuff is all in your immagination so they and we are none the wiser! I think it came out great! Under a time crunch even! Good for you for seeing it through and not throwing in the towel!!! thumbs_up.gif
I don't even see what you are talking about with the characters. they are not lopsided and they look great!

arsing1 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm
post #18 of 18

Thanks. I'm just relieved to have it done. Thanks for being supportive, you're awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%