My First Wilton Class

Decorating By arsing1 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm by jer702

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:00am
post #1 of 5

I had my first Wilton class tonight. It is given at a local bakery instead of Hobby Lobby or Michael's. It was much better than I was expecting. Lucky for us the instructor isn't going to go by the book. We were hands on the first night. We made cute little baby booties out of marshmallows covered with BC using the star tip. She also showed us how to pipe dots, hearts, teddy bears, pacifiers, baby bottles, mini booties, safety pins and bows. So, if we ever need to do a baby shower cake, we're set!

Oh! We don't have to bring a cake every week. Just for our final cake. I don't know if this means she will be providing the cakes or what. I'm just glad I don't have to bake an extra cake every week. Yay!

4 replies
luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

I'm glad you like your class! I'm currently taking 4 classes at once and i love my WMI for 3 of them, one of them i'm not so hot on. but I think it has more to do with class size than the instructor. It's a very large class, which leaves her little time to do one-on-one technique

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:15am
post #3 of 5

soo where are the pics from your button cam...? icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 5

I should have taken pics but hubby ate the bootie as soon as I got home.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 5

Can't believe your taking all 4 classes at once. Next wk is my final Wilton class and i'm kinda dreading it. I look forward to each and every class.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%