Vanilla Vodka

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 17

Hi Everyone!
Wasn't sure where to put this...but I just have to tell everyone. I went by the liquor store this morning to purchase a bottle of vodka for my fondant things.

They had a bottle of Vanilla Vodka. Has anyone ever tried it?? It smells like clear vanilla!! I am going to use that to make some Vanilla Extract.

I would like to know if anyone out there has run across this yet.

Thanks
Rhonda

16 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 17

not vanilla vodka, but i make my own skittles vodka lmao, i dont know if you have skittles where you live, but in the UK there a bright coloured sweet and the slogan is 'taste the rainbow' as they are coloured to which ever fruit the taste like that.

take a bottle of vod, add a bag or two of skittles. leave over night. And it Tastes lovley! it goes all fruity and delish! im sure theres many other things you can add like vanilla to make it taste different!!

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 17

Haven't tried it for a cake, but Absolut Vanilla is awesome in mixed drinks!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bec

sha0427 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sha0427 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 17

rhonda
do you use the vodka to paint on your fondant? i have heard of this, but havent tried it yet. i wondered if it added a vodka taste to the fondant, and what if an alcaholic were to eat the cake - would it make them have a setback? please inform if you know, i have wanted to try it with my airbrush, but have been scared to so far.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 17

The vodka evaporates and leaves no trace of taste on the cake.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 17

I use vanilla vodka to clean up fondant to make it shine. to thin food coloring.I have used it with luter dust. Oh yeah.. you must take a swig every now and the to make sure its good. hahahaha.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 17

I agree with i_heart_pastry, haven't tried it on cakes but it sure is yummy to drink. Just think..one for the cake and one for me, one for the cake and one for me. LOL

obviously by the amount of edits on this one, i've had too much already icon_rolleyes.gif

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 17

I use vodka all the time for my fondant i have also used the vanilla vodka as well it worked fine for me....

sha0427.....im pretty sure all the alcahol evaporats you cant tast it at all i use it all the time in my air brush i mix it with luster dusts for my airbrush if i want to spray the whole cake. hope this helps

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 17

Yes, I use vanilla one all the time, it is the same thing thumbs_up.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 17

it doesn't make the fondant taste like vodka. you just mix it with your luster dust until it forms a thin paste and use it to paint your accents or whatever. the taste will disappear as it evaporates.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #11 of 17

I buy it for my pie crust. I honestly don't know if you can taste it after it is baked. It just makes me feel fancy. icon_wink.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

I buy it for my pie crust. I honestly don't know if you can taste it after it is baked. It just makes me feel fancy. icon_wink.gif

Me too thumbs_up.gif jajaja icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Rhonda19 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #13 of 17

Sha0427..... I do use it on my Fondant every time I make something, just about. I have never used the vanilla, but use the plain. It makes your fondant shine, like the others said.... I mix with my luster dusts to paint with too. It's like the finishing touch to your piece. '

The alcohol does evaporate so there is no taste. I can't want to use it!!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:05pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

not vanilla vodka, but i make my own skittles vodka

Oh my goodness..I have to try this one! Awesome for jello shooters or fruity vodka martinis.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:09am
post #15 of 17

Yeah I should ave tought a bidder doddle

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 5:12am
post #16 of 17

any flavor of vodka is good in my book! thumbs_up.gif

Rhonda19 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

any flavor of vodka is good in my book! thumbs_up.gif

(LOL)!!! They also had some " Clear " Strawberry, lime, lemon, citrus, and watermelon flavored vodka! That would be kinda neat, of someone wanted strawberry flavored buttercream, but wanted it to still stay white!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%