Has Anyone Tried.......

Decorating By grama_j Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm by KookieKris

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 8

The silver or gold highlighter that is already made up ? I'm thinking it would be GREAT if it actually worked ! I hate mixing the powder with vodka, because you never get the same consistency.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180310298359

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 8

I have used a similiar paste I bought from a Ebay seller from the UK but it tasted horrible and was a nightmare to get off the counter.It also had a really chemical smell so I pitched it!!

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 8

I also used some from the UK and I could not clean them from the brush, or anything else...needless to say, I am mixing my powders...they may be good for some gumpaste decorations, but they are not to be painted on cake - is smells like laquer (sp.?).

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 8

Yes...That too!! I couldn't get it off the brush..It was like you needed paint thinner...so I thought anything that chemical can't be edible!!

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 8

I'm still pretty new to all this ~ can someone explain what powder they mix with vodka?
Thanks!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 8

Hi Kookie....... there are powders called "highlighters" which you can mix with something of high alcohol content that makes a REALLY shiny gold or silver....... you can use it for accent on your projects......

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 8

You mix Lustre Dust with any clear alcohol like vodka or white rum...some people use clear vanilla also...make a paste type liquid but no too thick and you use it to paint Metallic colors onto decorations/cakes etc..

KookieKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KookieKris Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 8

Got it ~ thanks!
I'll have to try it soon. I always wondered how everyone got their goodies to be so shiny! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%