Whos Cake Is This?

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm by MrsMissey

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:12pm
post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel1222

This is why I am happy I work with all guys!
Bluehue - great one. It did indeed make me laugh out loud.

Yeah, but now I am mad my keyboard is SHOUTING at me... JK!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:14pm
post #32 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetideas

Quote:

LOL...oh, let me not laugh so loud, sorry. icon_wink.gif

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:21pm
post #33 of 52

Why are so many on this site getting so petty over nothing! Can't we just answer each others questions and try to help each other out? I thought that was what this site was supposed to be about. I didn't even catch the fact that it was written in all caps. There is a whole lot more in the world to be concerned about than this.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by threematbros

This is why I don't post things very often. You never know who's going to jump on your case for not posting the way they want you to.

I DO NOT THINK YOU POST WAS RUDE AT ALL! DON'T LET THEM BOTHER YOU!

I agree totally. It actually happened to me once and it upset me greatly but I decided not to let someone else's misunderstanding, bad mood, or wrong assumptions about my post dictate what I do because for the most part, when I post it's to help others and THAT makes it worth the risk.

If I feel it's rude, I just won't answer the post - this way at least if I've assumed wrong, I won't have offended or hurt someone unintentionally.

*edited to add*

Oh, and I didn't find the OP rude or I wouldn't have answered earlier in the thread.

RebekahR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebekahR Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #35 of 52

Geez Louise! I personally don't think the OP was rude at all! I often use caps to empasize a certain word in a sentance. My grandmother types in caps all the time! Some people don't realize how others take it. But really, does it matter?? I don't think it's worth getting all tore up about! If she were being rude, would she have said please? As for the person who was offended and replied, just a piece of advice- If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all icon_lol.gif

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:26pm
post #36 of 52

Sweetideas......you have made my day. What a funny post! I use upppercase letters often, I didn't find it rude. I think some people need to take a chill pill!

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:30pm
post #37 of 52

They should re-name this place DramaCentral instead of the current name. Sheesh. All this over what is deemed appropriate or not. Who really cares? It's a screen full of virtual images and letters, not the next door neighbor, people.

*rolling eyes and waiting for the whole thread to dissappear into the bowels of dead ones at CC*

laly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laly Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:32pm
post #38 of 52

I thought we were here to share and learn cake decorating not grammar or computer etiquette.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #39 of 52

Up until about a month ago I didn't even know if you typed in caps it could mean you were yelling, mad...
I always had my keyboard on caps lock!
Guess I'm just the meanie my kids think I am!!!

xinue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xinue Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #40 of 52
Quote:
Quote:

She made a request in caps, what is the big deal?!? If you are offended by that, how about you just don't respond to the person.

that's all! if you feel someone is beeing rude to you why would you do her the favor of answering...
Beautiful cakes!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #41 of 52

I didn't think it was rude either.

Time to move on........... icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:47pm
post #42 of 52

i,ve been on c/c for about 3 yrs. not the first time, someone has been mean to someone else. i did not take it , that she was demanding.. i agree, some people can be so mean talking. this is just a cake site, that we all love.. and love to help others and get help. i posted one time. this person, came back at me, on the thread, that she couldn,t read my typing.. she said , i didn,t put in commas, etc. i wrote her back personally. didn,t keep it going on the thread... made me feel better. i read post all the time. people just keep going on with what they have to say.. and i don,t see them using any commas, etc. so now i think , how rude she was to me. so, this rudeness,needs to stop.. i went for about a month.. didn,t post anything.. didn,t want to get chewed out again.. but then started back... wanted to help others. and wanted help myself.

kates_kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kates_kakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:47pm
post #43 of 52

I did not think it was rude at all. Some people just like to write/type in all caps. It is no big deal, time to move on!

Beautiful cakes by the way!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:51pm
post #44 of 52

This site is good for a chuckle every now and then. thumbs_up.gif

Let's face it, if someone (who knows who?) hadn't deemed all caps as "rude" within electronic communication, there'd be no reaction. We'd simply read it without injecting our own interpretation of the tone.

You'd think she was literally shouting in people's ears...

Sweet-Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Kakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #45 of 52

This is a cake site. Maybe she was in a hurry, had a time crunch, or was running out the door. Or maybe the kids were driving her crazy, or her husband was griping about something. We don't know. I am sure she did not mean to offend ANYONE. It's a cake site. Things like that happen. All the time. By accident. We all love cakes, right? It's kind of a bond we share, right? It's a sisterhood. Let it go.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 5:57pm
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Let's face it, if someone (who knows who?) hadn't deemed all caps as "rude" within electronic communication, there'd be no reaction.

Maybe it was Al Gore...........after all he DID invent the internet! icon_lol.gif

Anywhoooooo.......I don't look at "all cap's" as shouting, I look at it as "this is very important". Must be a lot of PMS going around here today. icon_rolleyes.gif

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetideas

Quote:

LOL...oh, let me not laugh so loud, sorry. icon_wink.gif

LOL icon_wink.gif

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #48 of 52

I'm new here, although I've been lurking for almost a year. Yes, I am addicted, which is what gave me the courage to "login". I've been itching to add my 2 cents to many of the topics, and to the beautiful photos in the galleries. When I see discussions like this one, and there have been several, I wonder whether I have done the right thing. Oh well, I'm here & I always have the option to keep my mouth shut....
I've already learned many, many interesting things.
Thanks to all you wonderful CC'ers!

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:19pm
post #49 of 52

Ohhhh good grief! Many of you can be so childess at times.....if you think you're being shouted at (or demanded to) then do us all a favor and just don't reply. Skip over the post if you don't like all caps, it's not that hard to do.

It's so stupid to waste time replying with, "oh you're so rude because you used all caps".....so she used all caps....BIG DEAL!...just so you know, I DID just shout!..........(actually I shouted twice. Don't like it? Then don't read it. )

To the original poster; I'm sorry I wish I could help you....what a stunning cake though! Kudos to the baker/decorator! icon_smile.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:22pm
post #50 of 52

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

4 pages arguing about the use of CAPS!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Good one, I needed a laugh.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #51 of 52

To me, all cap sentences are sort of obnoxious. It gives me the impression that the person is either too lazy to use the shift key or thinks what they are saying is more important than what others have to say. However, because I have this opinion does NOT justify responding to the poster harshly(and also rudely). It would have been much more profitable to pm the answer to the poster and kindly point out the stereotype attached to all caps.

Just my 2 cents thumbs_up.gif

Edited to add that occasional usage of all cap words does not bother me, even I do that. So nickymom your shouting didn't bother me thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #52 of 52

This thread has now been closed. Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%