Call Customers Or Should Customers Call You?

Decorating By Limpy Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm by indydebi

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 8

O.K. I am so undecided on this topic. I have done quite a few orders of cakes (wedding, birthday, wedding shower etc.). Through these events, other cake orders have come, so I must be doing a good job. The problem? Not once has the bride or customer called to say thank you or that the cake was great etc. Am I supposed to follow up to make sure that everything was o.k? Am I supposed to call & ask if they liked the cake & were there any problems, or am I just opening it up that they maybe invent some problem or make them feel that I am fishing for compliments? I do want to make sure that everything was fine, but unsure as to the proper proceedure. Welcome info as to what other CCers have done.

7 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 8

Actually....... I would never follow up. You just need to get a thicker skin and not take it personally.

To them, it's just cake. To you... it's a whole heckuva lotta work.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 8

ditto

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 8

Unless you see the person at another place, bump into them or whathave you, most people don't follow up. If you have repeat orders or "so-n-so told me you made fabulous cakes" then I would take that as your compliment.

I'm one that likes the over-the-top feedback. Seems like we all just luv the praise!! But if YOU know that your stuff is fab, or that your cakes are so mouth-watering delish your hips are suffering from it icon_wink.gif , then I would just take your orders and run with 'em! icon_biggrin.gif You are doing it right! icon_biggrin.gif

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 8

No news = good news. icon_cool.gif

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 8

I feel your pain!!! I KNOW my cakes are better-than-average tasting, but my inexperience usually causes me to agonize over whether or not they liked it when I don't hear anything. And I usually don't. Hopefully with time we'll learn to just deliver it proudly and get on with the next one.

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 8

I so understand where you are coming from....I do get feedback from some folks but not all.....here's what my hubby said when I wanted to ask someone for feedback on one of my first cakes....you loved our wedding cake but did you give the bakery any feedback? hmmm NO....didn't even think about it....most people even if they love the cake don't even think to let you know how great it was....like someone else here said no news is good news

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpy

Am I supposed to follow up to make sure that everything was o.k?

No.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%